PCOM Class of 2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If anyone is interested I am going to be at school after work next week studying for the Histo placeout exam. I have the DO notes and I am planning on going over the lectures on the computer lab harddrives. Let me know.

Members don't see this ad.

hey ultimate do...

i thought the histo test out was for the lab only. i've been studying slides. do i need to be studying lecture too? do you know something i don't?

thanks.

The deal is that you can place out of the lab only. You will still have to take the lecture... you really have no choice since it's "built in" to what PCOM calls the "Structural Principles of Osteopathic Medicine." aka SPOM.

Keep in mind that whatever score you get on the placeout exam is the lab grade you will have worked into your overall grade for SPOM. The lab material really isnt that bad ecspecially the review given by one of the instructors. The lab practicals aren't difficult either.

I thought the lab was valuable because you need repetition in order recognize things you look at. I also felt that by sitting for the lab I was better prepared for pathology. Other students may have a different opinion. This is just mine. Good luck w/ whatever path you take.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just don't want to have to deal with the logistics of the scope and going to lab. I did really well on the practical in Biomed and retained most of it. I just look at it as freeing up one afternoon per week to do other things. Sorry for any confusion, I was referring the landmark and key features notes for the practical portion.

hey. thanks for the info. I was also a biomed last year, and did great in histo, so I'm all about the extra few hours a week. the info you got about lecture and lab is the same as what i was told. just wanted to double check when you said you were going over lectures. good luck. thanks.

Hi Everybody,

Guess what? It's Friday 4pm right before orientation begins and I get a call from Tammi Wrice, "Would you like a seat in the D.O. class?" And I want to say "F* yeah!" but instead I say "Yes, of course!" However, I know all of you guys probably know more than I do about what's going on, can someone fill me in on things I've missed? All I know is show up at 8am at Evans Hall Monday. Can somebody tell me what we're supposed to wear (I'm female)? And what I should bring with me just in case? MAN, I'M PUMPED!

Hey Ginkoba4,

CONGRATULATIONS! Welcome to PCOM, class of 2008! Wow, they sure give you lots of time to get settled before you start everything... :rolleyes:

So, as much as I know (and feel free to pm me for more info if you want);
that's right-- show up at around 8am...
hey, actually, I'll pm you the schedule. I don't think it'll fit up on the general message boards.

I think as far as dress goes (I'm a woman also), they say 'business casual'--I think I'm wearing either a skirt or nic(er) pants and a button down shirt. I dunno that much about "appropriate dressing issues." I think just don't show up in ripped jeans and a tank top.

But hey, the most important thing is that you are in med school! Great!
pm me....I'll pm you also...

The guys should be wearing ties the first couple of days due to class pics and white coat ceremony. Women should wear equivalent. I am looking forward to meeting everyone. I will be the one with the messed up face from a bike accident this past week. Times that just right for class picks. :eek:

Hi- I'm a new biomedical science student and I'm just wondering what advice you guys have (those who went through the program already).
Thanks in advance!

I justed wanted to say hi to my fellow classmates!!!!!!!!!! Its are day off today, what is everyone doing? :) :)