PCOM Discussion thread 2007-2008

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
you know...the more acronyms you/we make up, the lazier our vocabulary becomes....oh i'm sorry you are going to be a DO :D

It's funny how your title was, "you are all retarTed" :laugh:

Try again.

Members don't see this ad.

Question ? Is it to late to send in secondaries for this school and PCOM=GA, any help would be appreciated. Thanx

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS MAN"S QUESTION?

Members don't see this ad :)
I will ask this again. Is it to late to send in secondaries for PCOm and OCOM -Ga, Thanx gpan and any help would be appreciated. Thanx

Late November, early Decemberish

I had my primary in aroud September but wanted to get another DO Letter before I sent in my secondary

Awesome. We aren't that far off from each other then. I was "officially" complete December 17th. I think I'm being reviewed now. I already have an interview for the GA campus.

There is hope for me! w00t.

I will ask this again. Is it to late to send in secondaries for PCOm and OCOM -Ga, Thanx gpan and any help would be appreciated. Thanx

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE ANSWER THIS MAN"S QUESTION?

Apparently you're serious, so let's go over this together:

Question 1: Do you have the PCOM secondary?
Question 2: Can you read?

If the answer to either of those questions is NO allow me to help you: Clearly stated on the secondary application (which is available on their website, I might add) is "The following credentials must be forwarded to the Office of Admissions no later than March 1." Being that today is January 10, I would say that the answer to your question is NO, it is not too late.

Don't both of you thank me at once now.

Apparently you're serious, so let's go over this together:

Question 1: Do you have the PCOM secondary?
Question 2: Can you read?

If the answer to either of those questions is NO allow me to help you: Clearly stated on the secondary application (which is available on their website, I might add) is "The following credentials must be forwarded to the Office of Admissions no later than March 1." Being that today is January 10, I would say that the answer to your question is NO, it is not too late.

Don't both of you thank me at once now.

HaHa Why do you think no one answered both of their questions? Kind of annoying.

Lednerg and Do sigma NU guy, I want to thank you for pointing that out. Let me restate the question so you can understand what was intended.

Is it to late to send in secondaries for both PCOM schools and still be considered competitive and have a chance at an interview?

I Hope this helps you to fully comprehend the meaning of my former question. I do have to blame myself for not realizing that you would have trouble with such a sentence. Let me apologize for that mistake. Thanx

Lednerg and Do sigma NU guy, I want to thank you for pointing that out. Let me restate the question so you can understand what was intended.

Is it to late to send in secondaries for both PCOM schools and still be considered competitive and have a chance at an interview?

I Hope this helps you to fully comprehend the meaning of my former question. I do have to blame myself for not realizing that you would have trouble with such a sentence. Let me apologize for that mistake. Thanx

thye interview and have a good number of spots till the last day in march that being said you will automatically be assumed to have been an MD reject with very little interest in DO (it doesn't matter the actual story). The application will be looked at harder to see if you are actually interested in DO school and the things it teaches (personally i dont care).

No problem. English is my 4th language, so every now again I slip up.

Now to your exact question. PCOM only interviews students if there are open spots. If you send in your 2ndary now, you will still have a good shot albeit a little harder time. (Due to what JohnnyG said)

If you are really interested in PCOM and not just another annoying pre-med looking for a backup option GOODLUCK!!

FYI: No matter the time of year you will still have a shot of getting in because there are plenty of people that get accepted from April-June.

Lednerg and Do sigma NU guy, I want to thank you for pointing that out.

Sure, no problem.

Let me restate the question so you can understand what was intended.

I understood you, it was just a dumb question. Sarcasm...Big Bill, Big Bill...this is sarcasm.

Honestly, I can't think of better people to ask than anonymous internet posters. Would you really not fill it out and send it in if we all had said NO? What do you have to lose at this point (other than $50) if you've come this far? The date is on there for a reason. You've been on this website for 5 years! You should know how rolling admissions work...anything beyond that is just speculation from random people.

I Hope this helps you to fully comprehend the meaning of my former question. I do have to blame myself for not realizing that you would have trouble with such a sentence.

Don't blame yourself!

Let me apologize for that mistake. Thanx

Apology accepted! It was my pleasure!

Seriously though kid, I'm just jaggin' ya! If you really want to go to PCOM, fill that sucker out ASAP...Good Luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
PCOM gives preference to PA residents, if I am not mistaken, right?

i think the OOS acceptance rate is like 3% or something ridiculous along those lines

i think the OOS acceptance rate is like 3% or something ridiculous along those lines

Their entering class is made up of 54% in state people. So there is an in-state bias, but it's still not bad compared to alot of schools.

Their entering class is made up of 54% in state people. So there is an in-state bias, but it's still not bad compared to alot of schools.

Yeah, it's not a state-run school. But all schools place a preference in their home state, especially because those are the people most likely to stay and practice in PA. At a time when more and more docs are leaving PA. out of the 8(?) med schools in PA, we only retain 6-8% of the graduates. THAT IS A HUGE PROBLEM!

apparently PCOM has a program with the state of Delaware....5 spots are reserved for the entire state! i submitted all my LORs and secondary mess in december and haven't heard back from both PCOMs. I wonder how many more spots are left...has anyone here have an interview scheduled for this month or the next? everyday is disappointment lol

apparently PCOM has a program with the state of Delaware....5 spots are reserved for the entire state! i submitted all my LORs and secondary mess in december and haven't heard back from both PCOMs. I wonder how many more spots are left...has anyone here have an interview scheduled for this month or the next? everyday is disappointment lol

I have one next week.

congrats, good luck! i hope i get good news on monday!

congrats, good luck! i hope i get good news on monday!

how long have you been complete?

I was complete like mid Oct. Got an interview invite in mid Dec for mid Jan. My LOR were all PCOM grads (my former doctor who I shadowed a bunch of times and the doc I work with in the ER (actually, 4/5 of the docs I work with) are all PCOM grads, so i think that helped a lot!

I'm not far from the DE line, maybe 10 minutes max, there is an abundance of DO's around here (it seems like it at least!) and almost all of them are from PCOM

i was complete at the end of sept. i guess they took some time off for the holidays. PCOM would be awesome, its my top choice....lol. apparently if you go on the aoa registry like 99% of DOs around here are DOs!

So it's January and I've only applied to MD schools but I haven't heard anything from any schools (I've been complete since November) and now I'm thinking of applying just to PCOM as a backup. I'm pretty sure I'm competitive for PCOM, I'm not sure what to do though. Thoughts?

So it's January and I've only applied to MD schools but I haven't heard anything from any schools (I've been complete since November) and now I'm thinking of applying just to PCOM as a backup. I'm pretty sure I'm competitive for PCOM, I'm not sure what to do though. Thoughts?

november for MD is kinda late....go for it

Wait and apply in june/july to schools you genuinely have an interest in attending.

should i retake the mcat? i really don't feel like re-studying...

should i retake the mcat? i really don't feel like re-studying...

I'm going to give you my opinion here. #1, honestly, if you're applying this late to DO, you have a lot of things against you. You're numbers would have been fine a few months ago, and you probably would have had a few DO acceptances now. If you didn't already fill in your primary app for AACOMAS, than you wouldn't even be complete until mid Feb, so you wouldn't even get any secondaries until late Feb, with most deadlines in March (at least PCOM). PCOM isn't the easiest DO school to get into, it's def one of the hardest. It's got a great legacy pumping out greater doctors. As far as retaking the MCAT, I would retake and apply to your allo schools again next cycle. The thing that could happen is you get a better score and get into a school you orginally had intended to, no school wants to be looked at as a backup, especially an allopathic backup, which is pretty much all the people applying this late.

good luck either way

this waiting sucks big time. I WANT AN INTERVIEW ASAP CAUSE IM BALLIN. hahaha, jk. praying for an interview at PCOM. anyone hear today? do they inform you via email or mail? i got my invite from lecom via mail, but dcom through email.

Cabbage, I got my invite through email. Just hang in there and I am sure something good for you will come through. You already have some invites to great schools! Good luck!

this waiting sucks big time. I WANT AN INTERVIEW ASAP CAUSE IM BALLIN. hahaha, jk. praying for an interview at PCOM. anyone hear today? do they inform you via email or mail? i got my invite from lecom via mail, but dcom through email.

FYI: Check your SPAM folder periodically. My interview invite was in my SPAM folder so I read it a few days late.

i am also patiently waiting. i was able to get a letter from an alumni. the wait is killing me. :scared:

Does anyone know when the next committee meeting is? Do you hear about acceptances from reg mail or email? Thanks

so i've applied to pcom waaaay back in september or so (it's been so long ago that i don't even remember anymore..lol). i heard back and got accepted to pcom-ga but haven't heard a single thing from pcom-philly! should i begin to accept the fact that i won't be getting an interview from them since it's been so long that i've applied? anyone else in the same boat? i have called a few times and all i get is that my application is complete and currently under review. my stats aren't bad either and from what they have posted on their website my scores and gpa are well above their averages.

Does anyone know when the next committee meeting is? Do you hear about acceptances from reg mail or email? Thanks

the adcom just met yesterday (tues 1/15), decisions will be out within a few days via regular mail. the next will not be until next month sometime.

I just got accepted to PCOM-philly Yay!!! I got my acceptance packet in the mail today 1/17/07 @ 5:45pm. The process was pretty quick for me I got an interview invite in Dec, the actual interview was Jan 10th, official acceptance Jan 17th. There is hope for everyone Good luck guys:)

I turned down my acceptance at PCOM in favor of KCOM, so there's another spot for you guys. Feel free to thank me. Just kidding and good luck to everyone.

so i've applied to pcom waaaay back in september or so (it's been so long ago that i don't even remember anymore..lol). i heard back and got accepted to pcom-ga but haven't heard a single thing from pcom-philly! should i begin to accept the fact that i won't be getting an interview from them since it's been so long that i've applied? anyone else in the same boat? i have called a few times and all i get is that my application is complete and currently under review. my stats aren't bad either and from what they have posted on their website my scores and gpa are well above their averages.

I know what you mean. I was complete way back in Oct. with a 27, 3.26 sci, and 3.59 cum. I've updated them with a good DO letter, 3.33 sci, and 3.64 cum. Still no word. I'm beginning to think I'm dead in the water, as I am from a small state in the midwest. I've heard of some PA people getting in with mid-twenties and 3.0-3.4's, though, so if you're in that boat, I still think you've got a chance at getting in up through March.

the adcom just met yesterday (tues 1/15), decisions will be out within a few days via regular mail. the next will not be until next month sometime.

I interviewed after that, so does the next adcom meeting happen 2/15?? Is it only once a month??

FYI: Check your SPAM folder periodically. My interview invite was in my SPAM folder so I read it a few days late.

Well, I just checked my spam mail and found nothing but the typical "watch jenny strip" and "make your penis 12 inches longer" pill spam. hahaha, hopefully I get good news tomorrow or Monday.

Well, I just checked my spam mail and found nothing but the typical "watch jenny strip" and "make your penis 12 inches longer" pill spam. hahaha, hopefully I get good news tomorrow or Monday.
Are either of those from PCOM? Perhaps you would get an interview invitiation if your penis was bigger.

Are either of those from PCOM? Perhaps you would get an interview invitiation if your penis was bigger.

Yea, you'd get PCOM if it was huge, PCOM-GA if it isn't. :D

who knows...damn it. i should of lied on the size question in my aacomas app. hahahaha