PCOM-GA vs. VCOM-CC vs. CUSOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which one would you choose?

• CUSOM

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • VCOM-CC

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • PCOM-GA

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

BarbraBooey

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I feel so grateful to have been accepted into these schools but I am having such a difficult time deciding. I go back and forth every time I try to pick one. I can make a pros/cons list for each school but I am not sure how to weight each factor. I'll throw in some of my thoughts on each school so that you have something to go off of.
PCOM-GA:
I liked Suwanee, the affiliation with an established school, their board scores and match lists also seem to be successful. However, I thought their facilities weren't as impressive when compared to VCOM-CC and CUSOM. Not sure how much this matters since I'll only be there for two years. Is the close proximity to Atlanta beneficial?
VCOM-CC:
I liked the feeling I got when I went for the interview. Everyone was very friendly and the school was beautiful. I also liked the mission trips. I'm not really sure how to judge rotation sites but VCOM-CC's seemed good from what the students had to say. The only thing I'm concerned about is the surrounding area. I hear it can be dangerous and it didn't seem like there was much to do in Spartanburg.
CUSOM:
Staff was super friendly and really seems to care about the students. Facilities were really awesome. I didn't like how the school was in the middle of nowhere. However, I love NC and could see myself living there someday. I guess the rotation sites would allow me to live in a more populated area my third and fourth year. Raleigh would be cool. Should I be concerned that the school is very new? They seem to have a bright future since their faculty is from established institutions.

I would like to go into a specialty someday so I am ultimately looking for the school that will prepare me best for landing a competitive residency spot. Based on the interviews, each of these schools has convinced me that I will get a quality education. There wasn't a particular school that stood out because I liked all of them. I feel like I can't make a bad decision but I would appreciate anyone's input!

Members don't see this ad.