2022-2023 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I have an interview coming up in January. If anyone could reach out to me who had an interview and let me know kinda how the day went or what to expect that would be awesome. TIA!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
OOS II received today!! This is my top choice school, so I'm so excited.

On last year's thread it looks like CUSOM just votes on A or R and if seats are full, then A is a WL. Does anyone know if that's still the case? And if so, are there any seats left? I've noticed a few WL in this year's thread already.

OOS II received today!! This is my top choice school, so I'm so excited.

On last year's thread it looks like CUSOM just votes on A or R and if seats are full, then A is a WL. Does anyone know if that's still the case? And if so, are there any seats left? I've noticed a few WL in this year's thread already.
Guess they didn't have enough people last year since they got me off the R list.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just the A from the WL! OOS, interviewed 9/26

Reactions: 1 users
Just got a WL email, interviewed 12/5. 510, 3.81, OOS, super excited to go to this school. Anyone know the timeline/chances for an A?

A received just now! So exciting as I used to live in NC and it would be nice to link back to that area. Interview was on 12/13.

Members don't see this ad :)
could anyone who has already interviewed PM me? I would like to know how the interview was and what to expect, thank you!!

How long after interview have people been getting the A?

Just got the WL email. Interviewed 1/9, OOS, non-trad. The email made it sound like they've already filled their seats.

Last edited:
Hello,
Congrats to those who have been accepted and good luck to those waiting. I am a current 3rd year and I have a house for rent in a quiet cul-de-sac in Lillington, (about 5 minutes from med school). It is a 3 bedroom, 3.5 bath house with each room having its own private bathroom. Rent is about 725 per room plus utilities. The house is quite new and has been lived in by only med students. It includes furniture for the common area, a garage and driveway, washer and dryer, back patio and a very spacious kitchen. The house will be empty for next year so if a group of 3 people want to rent the house, I can work on the price. It is one of the nicest places around and is pet friendly. Please DM on here if interested. Thanks and good luck again.

OOS II 50X, but will decline since I’ve been accepted to my top DO program. Hopefully this gives someone else an opportunity!

Just want to let people know, as of the interview on 2/14 lectures are NON-MANDATORY moving forward according to administration. Read some other posts from earlier this cycle that said mandatory attendance. Hope this helps future applicants with their decision. It definitely did for me!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
is it too late for my friend to apply
I personally don't think it's ever too late. I submitted my secondaries in late Dec/Early Jan and received 8 interviews. Some people say it's foolish to apply later in the cycle. I think the person's application matters more than the timeline. Everything is subjective, the only people who truly know the answer are adcoms. However, not sending it in is a 0 % chance while sending it in even when the odds are against you is better than not trying.

Just want to let people know, as of the interview on 2/14 lectures are NON-MANDATORY moving forward according to administration. Read some other posts from earlier this cycle that said mandatory attendance. Hope this helps future applicants with their decision. It definitely did for me!
Yes, this is true. This is the first year where they have made attendance NON-MANDATORY so you could say I got lucky in this regard.

Received a waitlist email for my 2/6 session but I have two As already so good luck to everyone!

Has there been any recent acceptances from interviews/ waitlist movement?

Reactions: 2 users
I interviewed today and the interviewer asked me if I applied to both MD and DO and I wasn't going to lie so I said yes and he made a disgusted face... about to get a rejection for sure 😭😭

• Care
I interviewed today and the interviewer asked me if I applied to both MD and DO and I wasn't going to lie so I said yes and he made a disgusted face... about to get a rejection for sure 😭😭
Pretty sure I had one of the same interviewers as you and it completely threw me off my game. I have a theory about the way that this school does their interviews based on a lot of the comments on this thread; could it be that the school purposefully does "a good cop, bad cop" interview to gauge interviewees responses to different levels of pressure? IDK but it felt unprofessional :/
1 of my 2 interviews went great -- thought we clicked well, all the questions were fair game, and then my 2nd interviewer starts off with the wildest questions. Particularly asking me why I applied to this DO school when there was one in my home state, whether I would go here if I got in, MD or DO, etc. It just seemed really out of line for a med school interview and that whole experience left me disillusioned with the school a bit. But if it cheers you up, I ended up getting WL so there's that

Reactions: 1 users
I have a friend who had some "tough" questions but got in, 2 weeks after the interview.

Is it worth to finish my app rn and send it in? Has anyone here in past years have success this late?
Send it in! I just submitted mine a couple days ago and got an II today (OOS)

Reactions: 3 users
Withdrew my A last night, I hope it goes to one of you lovely people.