2022-2023 Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is it worth to finish my app rn and send it in? Has anyone here in past years have success this late?
YES never too late!! primary sent 2/1, sent my secondary 3/1, and II received 3/1 and its scheduled for tomorrow!!

Members don't see this ad.

YES never too late!! primary sent 2/1, sent my secondary 3/1, and II received 3/1 and its scheduled for tomorrow!

I also applied late and just got II for 3/20! Primary 1/18, secondary 3/1

Reactions: 1 user
Just withdrew my A here—Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just withdrew my A! Good luck to everyone!

I know I said this before, but do keep some hope even till July. Campbell looks over the rejected list for WL A at times (I'm one of those times)

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 4/5 and was waitlisted today. From the way the email was phrased, it was because the class is full

Interviewed 4/5 and was waitlisted today. From the way the email was phrased, it was because the class is full

Same for me. I’ve seen that they sometimes later take people who are rejected, so WL definitely isn’t the worst news

I wasn't aware they did WL rankings. is it like priority WL vs reg WL like ACOM or quartiles?
I spoke with them today and they said the rankings will come out Mid/end of May. They said they had some WL movement last week, but didn't specify if that was adding people to WL or people getting off the WL.

Members don't see this ad :)
Recently gave up my acceptance here. Hope it went/goes to one of you amazing future docs!!!

Has there been any waitlist movement this week?

I have a crazy question for current M1 and M2 students, or really anyone in the know. I’m an incoming M1 and I’m looking at the academic calendars for past years. Am I looking at this correctly that Block 4 ends in May and block 5 starts in August? I’m asking because my sister is trying to set a date in 2024 for a wedding in Italy. I’ll be giving her away. I need to give her the date range I’ll be available. I think I’m looking at this correctly but if someone could confirm, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, will being gone for a week during the summer between M1 and M2 affect my ability to land a competitive research project? I’m still considering the competitive specialty of orthopedics right now and don’t want to jeopardize my chances from the start. Thanks so much for any input you all may have.

I have a crazy question for current M1 and M2 students, or really anyone in the know. I’m an incoming M1 and I’m looking at the academic calendars for past years. Am I looking at this correctly that Block 4 ends in May and block 5 starts in August? I’m asking because my sister is trying to set a date in 2024 for a wedding in Italy. I’ll be giving her away. I need to give her the date range I’ll be available. I think I’m looking at this correctly but if someone could confirm, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, will being gone for a week during the summer between M1 and M2 affect my ability to land a competitive research project? I’m still considering the competitive specialty of orthopedics right now and don’t want to jeopardize my chances from the start. Thanks so much for any input you all may have.

Maybe try to ask this question in our CUSOM gc. There’s some upperclassman there to help answer questions.

You're invited to my new group 'CUSOM Class of 2027' on GroupMe. Click here to join: GroupMe

Any updates or movement for anybody this week? I got an email basically saying the same thing as the first waitlist email but with an extra paragraph telling me to "plan ahead."

Any updates or movement for anybody this week? I got an email basically saying the same thing as the first waitlist email but with an extra paragraph telling me to "plan ahead."
I also got that email on May 16, then I got an email with an acceptance on May 18, but declined. Hope the spot goes to goes to one of you! Im OOS btw

I also got that email on May 16, then I got an email with an acceptance on May 18, but declined. Hope the spot goes to goes to one of you! Im OOS btw
How long do they give you to accept the invite? One week? 24 hours?

I haven't. I emailed end of April and was told mid/end of May we'd find out.

Lol I emailed at the beginning of may and that’s what they told me as well. So the fact that they aren’t ranking this year is news to me. Wonder what spurred the change

I called last week, and they said they won't be doing a ranking this year :/
So if they’re not doing rankings, how do they determine who gets off the WL next? Is their WL so small this year and that’s why didn’t do rankings maybe?

Its definitely possible. Compared to the other schools I applied to this forum has been pretty quiet so far

So if they’re not doing rankings, how do they determine who gets off the WL next? Is their WL so small this year and that’s why didn’t do rankings maybe?

It was kind of confusing but it sounds like they look a bunch over at a time and out 1-4 acceptances

Accepted 5/22 off the WL. Interviewed 12/5. Waitlisted 12/16. OOS Applicant. I’m gonna be a Doc!!

Reactions: 3 users
I got off the waitlist yesterday. Sadly, my family and I are too far into moving across the country for another school and I had to decline. 😭 Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
I got off the waitlist yesterday. Sadly, my family and I are too far into moving across the country for another school and I had to decline. 😭 Good luck everyone!
Congrats and sorry to hear you can't accept hopefully you are headed to a school you like.