Pcom Interview!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amathew

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
omg, i cant believe this...i was SO not expecting it, but I just looked at my email hoping to find an acceptance/rejection email from Touro-NY and I just got an email interview invite for PCOM for the 29th of March.

Therefore, I guess all I can say is its STILL not too late to get an interview invite from them!!! Don't lose hope guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

omg, i cant believe this...i was SO not expecting it, but I just looked at my email hoping to find an acceptance/rejection email from Touro-NY and I just got an email interview invite for PCOM for the 29th of March.

Therefore, I guess all I can say is its STILL not too late to get an interview invite from them!!! Don't lose hope guys!!

Way to go! Knock em dead! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I soo love suprises like that.:thumbup:

Got one of those too for the 28th, but will be turning it down for all of those still waiting for PCOM. Good luck!!!

Awesome! congrats and best of luck :)

Got one of those too for the 28th, but will be turning it down for all of those still waiting for PCOM. Good luck!!!

thank you to kind folks like you for opening spots for people like me

congrats! do you mind me asking when you were complete?

I had sent out everything mid September, and was complete early October. Took them long enough...but I'm glad its here. PCOM was my #1 choice throughout the entire application cycle.

I had sent out everything mid September, and was complete early October. Took them long enough...but I'm glad its here. PCOM was my #1 choice throughout the entire application cycle.

Good luck to you, hopefully I'll be able to stop in and offer support on the day of your interview. I know that your friend in our class definitely must be thrilled for you.:D

wow good luck!!!!! i'm still waiting on NYCOM, makes me feel better that those invites are still coming to people!

:luck:

That's awesome! Good luck! You've renewed my hope, but I'm not so sure that's a good thing!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I was invited on Feb 8th for an interview on 28th March. And originally I accepted it and then today this mornign I sent an email declining it b/c I will be going to CCOM in Chicago instead. So Im glad that some of you were offered interviews today! Good Luck!

congrats amatthew~

i interviewed at tourocom with you.
(btw, i just got my acceptance letter today via snail mail.. but it doesn't matter cause i already sent in my deposit for PCOM)

good luck with the interview. PM me if you have any questions

Goodluck! While you're there, tell them get me off this hold thing! :laugh:

YAY :clap: :clap: Can't wait to see you again...I think thats the day i'm doing the interview breakfast.

good luck..hopefully they give me an opportunity as well!

Hey thats awesome! Goodluck, just relax you'll do great :)

oh thank you thank you THANK YOU!!!! I will need all the good luck I can possibly accumulate. I am sooo excited and nervous, but atleast I've been through one interview so I'm not SOO scared.

Repertoire...which interviewee were you?? And congrats on your acceptance at PCOM and Touro. Hopefully, I'll get into atleast one of them *fingers crossed*

MaximusD, I know how excited you were when you got into PCOM...Hopefully I can share the same excitement with you.

Mitawa, my friend that you refer to was the first person I called to tell about my interview. And you're right, she was very very happy for me :)

Chris, looking forward to seeing you again...this time as an interviewee!!!

YAYYYYY!!!! :D I love you all...I love SDN!!! :love:

amathew, can i ask, where did you go for undergrad?

i went to upenn for undergrad, but ive been out of school for 2 years now.

tsk tsk a upenn undergrad going to an osteopathic school. You might as well renounce your alumni status now. :p

Despite the lack of attention upenn has shown to the osteopathic admissions process there are quite a few of us at PCOM. Every ivy except Harvard is present (not surprised by that one)

tsk tsk a upenn undergrad going to an osteopathic school. You might as well renounce your alumni status now. :p

Despite the lack of attention upenn has shown to the osteopathic admissions process there are quite a few of us at PCOM. Every ivy except Harvard is present (not surprised by that one)

i blame stupid penn pre med advisors for keeping osteopathic medicine a secret. All four years of college, and its my senior year, when I interviewed a DO for a medical anthropology class that I realize what DOs really were, no thanks to the stupid school. And hey, I am proud to want to be an osteopathic physician. I have come across several students and alums of PCOM over the last two years, and each incident has made me love PCOM more and more. Why should my association with a school that fosters brats have an impact on my decision?? BTW when you say us, are you a penn alum?

i blame stupid penn pre med advisors for keeping osteopathic medicine a secret. All four years of college, and its my senior year, when I interviewed a DO for a medical anthropology class that I realize what DOs really were, no thanks to the stupid school. And hey, I am proud to want to be an osteopathic physician. I have come across several students and alums of PCOM over the last two years, and each incident has made me love PCOM more and more. Why should my association with a school that fosters brats have an impact on my decision?? BTW when you say us, are you a penn alum?

Yeh, College '02, It was disappointing when you go for the orientation meeting to apply to medical school and they tell you that osteopathic schools will not be focused on. Here's the website: Read the instructions on how to apply. And they wonder why I won't donate $20.02 to my classes five year reunion fund. Well that and as a medical student, I am broke.

Hi, just recently found this site. I, too, received an e-mail last week inviting me for an interview at PCOM! I was so excitied, as I thought it was too late. This is my first interview. I'll be there on March 28th!

Amatthew, I am glad to know that there are people who took sometime off before entering medical school. I applied this year but my MCAT was sub par, so I am forced into taking another year off while I retake and get some other activities under my belt for next year. What is your reason for being out for 2 years? (If this question sounds catty, I apoligise in advance, it is by no means meant to be, i just want to see if my predicament is unique) Regardless, good luck on your PCOM interview.

the reason i took time off was to build my application. penn kicked my butt as far as gpa goes, and i knew i was more than the numbers reflected on my transcript as I graduated. So i decided to take some time off and do some research to both gain additional experience (i had work study research jobs while in college) and just to make some cash before i go totally indebted in loans with med school. Also, because I work at Penn, I get to take classes for free here (tuition benefits) so I've been taking the post bac classes and doing pretty well in them, so I get both a post bac advantage of high level, med school like courses and got to boost my gpa up, which showed that I really could handle such course load and that I'm not the naive, unprepared kid I was 6 yrs ago, walking into Penn. Pretty much, any time off, voluntary or involuntary, use it to your benefit. Try to shadow, volunteer, take classes, research - do anything that might be lacking or might need strengthening in your application. Good luck with it all :luck:

good luck @ pcom interview.
looks like they are recruiting some top notch students..
:thumbup:

the reason i took time off was to build my application. penn kicked my butt as far as gpa goes, and i knew i was more than the numbers reflected on my transcript as I graduated. So i decided to take some time off and do some research to both gain additional experience (i had work study research jobs while in college) and just to make some cash before i go totally indebted in loans with med school. Also, because I work at Penn, I get to take classes for free here (tuition benefits) so I've been taking the post bac classes and doing pretty well in them, so I get both a post bac advantage of high level, med school like courses and got to boost my gpa up, which showed that I really could handle such course load and that I'm not the naive, unprepared kid I was 6 yrs ago, walking into Penn. Pretty much, any time off, voluntary or involuntary, use it to your benefit. Try to shadow, volunteer, take classes, research - do anything that might be lacking or might need strengthening in your application. Good luck with it all :luck:
Thanks, for your input
good luck with it all

Wow, that's great that you were able to obtain an interview this late! Good luck. Amathew, others interviewing at PCOM and others who have been accepted, what are your stats like, if you don't mind me asking? What sort of confuses me is that PCOM seems to be high on many people's list. Yet, according to the US News medical school book, their stats are actually lower than say WesternU and Touro. So, I thought I'd just find out from people being interviewed and accepted.

Accepted with:

32Q MCAT (10,13,9)

3.25 cum / 3.05 sci GPA

The 2005 stats were amazingly low. When the new USN&R comes out next year, I think you'll see that PCOM is to be where expected, at a 3.4 cum / 3.3 sci and ~26 MCAT average.

Make no mistake, PCOM receives the MOST applications to any DO school. Admission is very competitive. The year currently published was a particularly low year on average...

I got in with a 3.25, but my MCAT is far above their average which seemed to help me out a bit with some of the schools. Best of luck with your application!

Hi, just recently found this site. I, too, received an e-mail last week inviting me for an interview at PCOM! I was so excitied, as I thought it was too late. This is my first interview. I'll be there on March 28th!

Congrats to you and amathew! I've been waiting since October for PCOM to respond. Maybe, it's because I'm from NY. Are you from PENN too, Bbjk84?

Congrats to you and amathew! I've been waiting since October for PCOM to respond. Maybe, it's because I'm from NY. Are you from PENN too, Bbjk84?

I am a PA resident, and attended undergrad in PA as well (not at UPenn though). I submitted my secondary in October but was not complete until mid-November. Called the admissions office to check on my status - they had all the materials but in several locations so my file was not marked as complete. I'm glad I called to check when I did. Interview in two days - getting nervous...

Congratulations on your interview amathew, I wish you the best of luck at your interview. I look forward to discussions on Pcom vs Touro NY. :luck:

Congratulations on your interview amathew, I wish you the best of luck at your interview. I look forward to discussions on Pcom vs Touro NY. :luck:

hahah as in which waitlist is better?? lol well i interview in three days, so we'll see :scared:

hahah as in which waitlist is better?? lol well i interview in three days, so we'll see :scared:

Do you know if the class is full already and the interviews are for a waitlist spot? I was assuming this was the case because it is late, but hadn't heard anything official.

i just interviewed there this morning and didn't hear any such thing.

Do you know if the class is full already and the interviews are for a waitlist spot? I was assuming this was the case because it is late, but hadn't heard anything official.

PCOM doesn't interview for the waitlist. There are fewer spots but there are spots plus they have made room for more people by offering deferments for a year to anyone who wants them. They won't pass up an excellent applicant.

PCOM doesn't interview for the waitlist. There are fewer spots but there are spots plus they have made room for more people by offering deferments for a year to anyone who wants them. They won't pass up an excellent applicant.

well thats good to know too. oh man oh man...as the days are creeping in closer,im getting more nervous!! what the heck!! any last minuter advice, tips, confidence booster anyone?

well thats good to know too. oh man oh man...as the days are creeping in closer,im getting more nervous!! what the heck!! any last minuter advice, tips, confidence booster anyone?

you'll be just fine i'm sure of it! i have not interviewed at PCOM, but i've found in general, just know your aacomas/secondary application very well and be prepared to elaborate on some parts. Also, i think its a good idea to know what you would say for the typical q's such as Why Medicine? Why Osteopathic Medicine? Why our school? other than that, relax and enjoy the day! :luck: :luck:

thanks....hahaha actually one of my biggest concerns right now is to make sure I don't say PCOM but P.C.O.M. :laugh: I need to look over my primary application. It seems like such a long time ago that I filled that bad boy out..*sigh* I am so ready to get accepted right about now :idea:

thanks....hahaha actually one of my biggest concerns right now is to make sure I don't say PCOM but P.C.O.M. :laugh: I need to look over my primary application. It seems like such a long time ago that I filled that bad boy out..*sigh* I am so ready to get accepted right about now :idea:

best of luck. i'm sure everything will go well! :thumbup: