PCOM secondary

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JBOMBARD

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received my secondary from PCOM and had a question for anyone who has completed theirs this year or last. The first question asks for a brief statement of why you wish to become a DO etc... but it doesn't give any ideas of how long it should be. Any ideas? and should I restate things I already wrote in my AACOM app or just new info?

Members don't see this ad.

I also just received my PCOM secondary and already wrote the essay. It looks like it will be between 800-850 word. My essay did cover some topics such as research that I covered in my primary, however I also described my philosphy, why I want to go there etc... Hope this helps.

Herp

I just got a PCOM secondary. As for the essay, I was told by my enlish teacher in high school that an essay is just like a girl's skirt....long enough to cover the important things and short enough to make it interesting. The adcoms will be reading lots of essay, so i guess making the essay consice and short would be best.

Also, F.Y.I....they require a letter from a premedical committee or advisor. My school doesn't have one. So i e-mailed to see if i can send them a composite letter of recommendations from my career services center...they replied saying that it would be fine.

Members don't see this ad :)
try to keep it under a page, and don't repeat anything you already mentioned in your personal statement. they already know that stuff, so give them something new.

Be concise.

However, don't exclude anything you want them to know. I think I had an attached page.

If possible type your secondary. I don't know how much it matters, but when it is on the table in front of the admission's committee, it looks more professional.

Good luck,