This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrHiggs

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have already been accepted to PCOM (Philly campus) but was offered an II to CCOM. How do the clinical rotations of these two schools compare? Is there any significant reason why CCOM would be much better to warrant paying almost 20k more a year in tuition? Also which school would potentially help me land a better residency in EM? I am from the Midwest so Chicago would be cheaper and more accessible, however I'm not opposed to moving to Philadelphia, I think it would be a nice change.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I don't go to CCOM, but I know someone who does. They have been rotating at Advocate Lutheran General and Advocate Christ hospitals. Students from RFU definitely rotate at these hospitals and I believe UIC students do also. These are both Level 1 trauma centers near major expressways. In addition, Christ's ER, due to its location, gets most of the gun shot wounds from the south side of Chicago. I do not know anything about PCOM's rotations, but CCOM definitely has good sites that are shared with MD schools. However, $20k/year is a huge difference. If PCOM rotates with the Philly triplets I would save the money.

Last edited:
I believe CCOM is one of the REALLY expensive DO schools. I would go to PCOM based on that alone. PCOM is a great school with a good match/placement list every year, you'll be fine there.