Peculiar Situation. University on strike.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sky19

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Currently, my university is on a student strike. This basically means we have not taken classes for an extended period of time. Once we resume classes, our semester will be extended over the summer to make up for lost time. My transcripts (depending on when we start) that include this semester's grades will probably come out mid-late july, and (if things get worse) august at the latest. I have a 4.0 GPA and am a senior.

I would like to submit my application as soon as possible, and I am worried that by the time I get my official transcripts, including this semester's grades, it will disfavor me in the application process.

So, I have a few questions:

1) Is it possible to verify my application with only the classes I have grades for thus far, without including this semester?
2) If I do this, would adcoms raise an eyebrow as to why I did not include this semester's grades?
3) Can I send my complete transcript again to AMCAS once I get it and get updated, or do I have to send them to each school as part of an update/secondaries?
4) Do I have to disclose why I didn't include them?
5) Should I just wait for late summer and pray the verification process doesn't take too long?

Any advice will be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

You need transcripts covering all entered classes to get verified

If you get transcripts in mid-late July you'll still get verified and be able to hit complete in August, which is normal timing. If you get into mid August and still have no transcripts out, that's when I'd start to worry.

Reactions: 1 user