Pediatric Rheumatology Fellowship 2017-2018 Application Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bean_Bunny

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Good morning! Anyone out there either applying for pediatric rheumatology this year or anyone who's been through this process recently? Would love to have a group to post through the cycle and would love any advice that prior applicants may have when applying to pediatric rheumatology. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! Has anyone received any interview calls yet? Does anyone know how many people are applying approximately this year?

Members don't see this ad :)
Between 2013-2017, between 21-31 people have applied each year for approximately 36-40 total positions offered. You can likely expect this year to be in that ballpark unless there was some big change in the field over the last year that I'm not aware of.

Reactions: 1 user
I just heard back from UT Southwestern

Congrats! Not heard from the above programs but heard from childrens hospital at montefiore, rainbow babies, Cohens childrens and childrens hospital of wisonsin.

Congrats! Not heard from the above programs but heard from childrens hospital at montefiore, rainbow babies, Cohens childrens and childrens hospital of wisonsin.
Congrats to use as well! I also heard back from CHOP and Penn State

Reactions: 1 user
I have heard from Indiana, CHOP, UTSW, Vanderbilt, MUSC (yesterday), and most recently UPMC (today)

Not heard from CHOP, UPMC or UTSW:/ .Heard from cornell , univ of minnesota and emory

I've heard from UCSF and Stanford as well.

Seems like this is the running list:
Please add anything that I missed!

Cornell
CHOP
Emory
Cohens (LIJ)
Cincinnati
Indiana
Montefiore
MUSC
Penn State
Rainbow Babies
Seattle Children's
Stanford
UCSF
University of Minnesota
UPMC
UTSW
Vanderbilt

Seems like this is the running list:
Please add anything that I missed!

Cornell
CHOP
Emory
Cohens (LIJ)
Cincinnati
Indiana
Montefiore
MUSC
Penn State
Rainbow Babies
Seattle Children's
Stanford
UCSF
University of Minnesota
UPMC
UTSW
Vanderbilt
Baylor

Baylor
Cornell
CHOP
Cohens (LIJ)
Cincinnati
Emory
Indiana
Montefiore
MUSC
Penn State
Rainbow Babies
Seattle Children's
Stanford
UCLA
UCSF
University of Minnesota
UPMC
UTSW
Vanderbilt

Baylor
Cornell
CHOP
Cohens (LIJ)
Cincinnati
Emory
Indiana
Montefiore
MUSC
Penn State
Rainbow Babies
Seattle Children's
Stanford
UCLA
UCSF
University of Minnesota
UPMC
UTSW
Vanderbilt
Children's National
Washington St. Louis

I have not heard from CHLA

Do you guys know of anyone that did not match to Peds Rheum in the last 4 years? I'm already planning on going to 10 interviews and I don't want to go on anymore if I don't have to. I have heard rheum is not competitive but most programs take 1 fellow per year and don't know if I should believe this. Let me know what you think.
Does anyone know anything about the Washington University St. Louis program? I'm debating about accepting their invitation b/c I don't know anything about their program.

Has anyone interviewed at Univ Colorado?? They apparently have a new program starting this year.