Step II Peds Vaccination Schedule Mnemonic

Started by FDNewbie
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FDNewbie

Wanting to Retire...
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dunno how helpful this will be to others, but I simply could NOT just randomly memorize the schedule (or I refused to), so I came up w/ this mnemonic a few min ago... I just wrote this off memory, so I think it works 😉

1) The mnemonic is to memorize them in the order I found logical (following a pattern, and simply adding to the pattern as you go along).

2) The first two H's are in alphabetical order, in case you forget the order.

3) The double "M's" in the last word are to remind you of "MMR"

HHating PeDs Immunization/Vaccination MmeHMorizing (lol)

Hep B:....... 0, 2, 6
HiB: ......... 2, 4, 6, 12 - 15
Pneumo: ... 2, 4, 6, 12 - 15
DTaP:....... 2, 4, 6, 15 - 18, 4 - 6 yrs, Td X 10 yrs
IPV: ........ 2, 4, 6,............ 4 - 6 yrs
Varicella:.............. 12 - 15
MMR: .................. 12 - 15, 4 - 6 yrs
Hep A: ..... 2 yrs
Mening: ... 11 - 12 yrs (or school)

Should take less than 30 seconds to write out, and you can refer back to it anytime during the exam...

Enjoy!
 
For anyone familiar with Sketchy or Picmonic, I use pictures to remember these. I use the major system (look up on wikipedia) to map words to numbers--it's really easy, takes like 20 min to learn. For the picture mnemonics, just search YouTube for "pcv13 memory palace" (I can't post a link because my account doesn't have enough posts...)