PennState question about "hold"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kakaboro

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, I just got a post interview "hold" from PennState and was wondering whether anyone knows if they actually use the hold list to accept more people? During the interview day Marc Lubbers mentioned something about it but I do not remember if he said that last year they used or did not use the hold list.
Thanks,
VK

Members don't see this ad.

Hey, I just got a post interview "hold" from PennState and was wondering whether anyone knows if they actually use the hold list to accept more people? During the interview day Marc Lubbers mentioned something about it but I do not remember if he said that last year they used or did not use the hold list.
Thanks,
VK

kakaboro -- looking at past years info on sdn, they have accepted many people from the hold category in the late winter (around late feb), so you're def still in the running for an acceptance. btw, when did you interview? just curious since im waiting to hear back

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 10/13 and am now approaching the 7 week mark. I called despite knowing I shouldn't and Amber the nice secretary said that my committee has not yet met and will be meeting soon. Is this totally bogus or is it just me. My interviews went really well but how in the world are they going to remember much about me 7 weeks later after interviewing many others? Thoughts people...

I interviewd there on OCT 2nd and still have not heard anything. I dont really understand how it takes this long. Most other schools have said something within 4-5 weeks tops. I also agree...i have no idea how they are going to represent you well so long down the road. Anyone else interviewd around this time still waiting to find out there situation? Also, it seems that nobody has really been accepted to Penn State? Especially out of state

Jackjohn - I would call and make sure your mail didn't get lost. I interviewed 10/4 and heard last week. I am also out of state - so they are getting back to us. :luck:

I got the same answer as ColombiaGuy and I just called 5 mins ago.. I interviewed the same week as him too. UGH... they better NOT forget me..

I received my decision almost exactly 8 weeks after my interview.

I don't really have new anything to add here, I just need to commiserate. I too interviewed on Oct. 13. I'm officialy nervous now!! To make it worse, I'm going to be out of town for this next week, so, Columbia guy, if you would be so kind as to post right away if you do hear anything, that would be awesome! that way, I'll know if I need to send someone to my place to check my mail...but on second thought, it's probably worth waiting the extra couple of days and opening it myself....Either way! Good LUCK to us all!:luck: It won't be long now!

I just called them because this will be the 9th week since I interviewed and they have not even reviewed my file. I have no idea when to expect to hear anything now. It was one of my top choices but we shall see....

yeah my 8 weeks ended last friday with an empty mailbox. at the interview, they said if your interviewer doesn't make it to the meeting, it would delay the reviewing of your file. maybe our interviewers are not able to make many meetings. :(