PennVet 2025-2026 (c/o 2030 hopefuls)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Does anyone know if they are looking for a vet med example for this supplemental essay? or can it just be any example not specific to vet med?

- Please provide an example of a situation where there was a conflict between personal values and organizational ethics? How did you resolve this situation? What was the outcome? (2500 characters)
 
Does anyone know if they are looking for a vet med example for this supplemental essay? or can it just be any example not specific to vet med?

- Please provide an example of a situation where there was a conflict between personal values and organizational ethics? How did you resolve this situation? What was the outcome? (2500 characters)
If it isn’t specified within the question, I would imagine it does not have to be vet med related. They didn’t have that supplemental question last year, so I cannot say for certain. If you want you could reach out to the university to be sure!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If it isn’t specified within the question, I would imagine it does not have to be vet med related. They didn’t have that supplemental question last year, so I cannot say for certain. If you want you could reach out to the university to be sure!!
I agree, it seems like it’s open-ended, and up to interpretation. In some ways, providing an example that shows experiences outside of vet med could be beneficial if you think you have a strong example.
 
Does anyone know if they are looking for a vet med example for this supplemental essay? or can it just be any example not specific to vet med?

- Please provide an example of a situation where there was a conflict between personal values and organizational ethics? How did you resolve this situation? What was the outcome? (2500 characters)
HI! did you get to reach out to ask about this? If so, is it related to vet med or?
 
Hi friends! Does anyone know approximately when we might start hearing about interviews?
 
Hi friends! Does anyone know approximately when we might start hearing about interviews?
The time line on their website says mid January so I would think towards the end of next week at the earliest. Someone on FB said it’ll be 1/15 but I can’t confirm that date anywhere
 
I reached out to them and they told me that fall transcripts are not considered in the admissions process, and not to send one right now. If accepted and admitted, then we will have to send them in later.
 
Has anyone else gone to the New Bolton Center First Tuesday Lectures? I used to go and loved them, but now the emails inviting signups are giving me panic because the tagline just shows "Penn Vet Office of..." and I think it's from admissions!
 
Has anyone else gone to the New Bolton Center First Tuesday Lectures? I used to go and loved them, but now the emails inviting signups are giving me panic because the tagline just shows "Penn Vet Office of..." and I think it's from admissions!
I literally unsubscribed from those emails because it was stressing me out too much
 
Hi friends! Was anyone given a specific date/day of the week for when interview decisions would come out?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My nervous system has me in shambles haha
I'm with you. We had vegan cheese and cocktails for dinner to celebrate being done with our week of interviews and now I'm both dreading getting rejected and dreading having to do another interview... those interviews are stressful and drain me for a whole day, but I'd still be super grateful to get another one!

I was hoping the stress would go away after getting accepted, but it has not.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Y'all I actually arose from my sleep an hour early out of anxiety knowing the status updates came out early last year.

Got my invite at 7:40 eastern 🙂 Seems very different than all the interviews I did this week.
 
i ended up emailing. no rankings they said "the list is evaluated upon openings to find the best fit for that spot" they also said some years a lot of people end up off the waitlist and other years only 5 or 10 just a waiting game right now ahaha
Oh boy 😂 I wonder how big the wait list is! I’m traumatized from UAZ where everyone is on the “waitlist”
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
IS interview invite! I was on the interview waitlist last year and very got off. It seems that the OOS waitlist moves more than IS. Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you on the waitlist!
 
OOS interview invite! Can anyone explain the interview process in simple terms?
it’s a group style interview. you will have to collaborate with others on one specific question. that’s about all i can/will share.

i went to penn state for undergrad, and while i didnt get into upenn or receive an interview, my classmates who did said they had a very pleasant experience.