People on the SUNY Downstate Hold List (2007 Edition)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There is alot of discussion on other schools waitlist forums. I have not heard anything about downstate in along time. I do not have any information either. I hope things start to move. :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad.

When the heck are hold people suppose to find out what came of their file, this is quite ridiculous, either accept me, put me on the alternate list or reject me....

My Uncle has contacts at the school and an assistant dean told him that the people on hold would have their files reevaluated in early june and they would get another correspondance at the end of the month.

Members don't see this ad :)
i assume the june reviews of holds are for alternate list spots. has that list been moving at all since may 15th?

i assume the june reviews of holds are for alternate list spots. has that list been moving at all since may 15th?

I'm on the alternate list. I've been sitting here with my fingers crossed for the past month (and checking SDN religiously), but have heard nada.

Does Downstate typically take people off the waitlist? If so, does it happen immediately after May 15, or does it take some time? This waiting sucks!

I think people can go from hold straight to accepted, but I think that is because those people would maybe have been placed at the very top of the wait list and therefore warrant and acceptance. Other then that, I don't know if its even possible, I sure hope it is. Ive already gotten in to one school, but downstates tuition is definitely going to be hard for any private school to beat.

I emailed them a few days ago to try and get some info about the alternate list. They would not tell me where I placed on it and said there was no new information available at that time. They did say that an acceptance would be made by phone though.
Good Luck

I just got moved off of the hold list to the alternate list today

Hey Guys, even I recieved a alternate list package today.

Members don't see this ad :)
I live like 35 minutes away and got nothing, I dont know what that means, if anything at all.

I live in Long Island and haven't heard anything yet either. Maybe they're just waiting to accept me, or reject me, who knows with this school anymore.

Well it is good to hear that things are moving. I think if people didnt get anything in the mail today, it could just be because they are reviewing a lot of applications this whole week so they will be mailed out at different times. Good Luck everyone!

Well it is good to hear that things are moving. I think if people didnt get anything in the mail today, it could just be because they are reviewing a lot of applications this whole week so they will be mailed out at different times. Good Luck everyone!

i went from HOLD= to alternate today. received in a large manilla. turning it down. good luck to the rest

is there a "High Priority" Alternate List like there was in previous years? or is it just a regular Alternate List this year?

I got my waitlist envelope today. Ugh, more waiting I guess. Has downstate's waitlist even moved this year yet? I curious to know what our chances are from this list. Previously, I was under the impression that they had moderate wait list movement.

I got my waitlist envelope today. Ugh, more waiting I guess. Has downstate's waitlist even moved this year yet? I curious to know what our chances are from this list. Previously, I was under the impression that they had moderate wait list movement.

I'd love to know the same! I interviewed in late March, was waitlisted in early May. So far, I haven't seen any movement (according to SDN), though people have definitely withdrawn acceptances. Doesn't this mean there should be a few spots open?

I got the alternate list package too, thank god.

As a heads up for those of you born outside the U.S., people from previous years had to get their ppd tests taken at the downstate student health center.

Received the packet today. One step closer! :) Good luck everyone.

I got the alternate list package too, thank god.

As a heads up for those of you born outside the U.S., people from previous years had to get their ppd tests taken at the downstate student health center.

Regarding the PPD test (for the foreign born), they want you to take the test with your primary care physician, send in the health forms, then you need to get a second PPD test at their health center (an apartment-turned-office next to the school building on Lenox). Edit: Actually it never occurred to me that maybe you can just go take the test just once at their health center...it's free... Maybe they'll let you do that instead of what I said before.

Anyway, good luck everyone. :luck: