People who wrote letters of interest - help pls.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Apparition

1K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I wrote a letter to a top choice that waitlisted me and I'm afraid to send it in case I put something there that's inappropriate for the letter. Could someone who wrote a letter of interest to a school and who knows what normally goes there read mine? I don't need any proofreading, it's just the content I'm worried about. Ughh, I hate how indecisive this process makes me!!!

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I'll take a look at it if you want. I can help with the grammar too (english major here!).

Just PM it to me if you want.

I'm about to write one. :( I'm really getting antsy about my grades now, because I want to send a good grade update.

Members don't see this ad :)
if you still need someone for content/grammar check pm me. Good luck

TheProwler said:
I'm about to write one. :( I'm really getting antsy about my grades now, because I want to send a good grade update.

so how does that work? do you send a large envelope containing both the letter of intent/interest you wrote and an official transcript?

snowgirl said:
so how does that work? do you send a large envelope containing both the letter of intent/interest you wrote and an official transcript?

When I sent an update letter/LOI I wrote the letter, then had a page of updates, including just listing my last quarter classes and grades. I suppose if you wanted to wait (and pay?) to get an official transcript you could, but I don't think it's necessary.

Are you sure that an official transcript isnt better to send??

1st paragraph: thanks for the interview, im excited about attending, blah blah blah, its my first choice

2nd and 3rd para if you need it: i like this this and this about your school.

end paragraph: this this and this are only a few reasons why its youre my first choice, blah blah blah, will matriculate if i get in, hope to be part of the "insert med school name here" family next year

thats the basic gist of mine

i have two top choices...can u send letter of intent to two schools or just one?

qui1027 said:
i have two top choices...can u send letter of intent to two schools or just one?

If you are wanting to send a letter to two schools I would sent to letters of interest, not intent. Intent letters are basically saying, "If you accept me, I will attend your medical school." It isn't really ethical to "promise" to multiple schools. Interest letters you can say how you strongly you liked the school, etc. I would go with this letter for your two schools.

Congrats on your top choices! :thumbup:

I been dying to ask someone about LOIs....

so do u send one in after you get waitlisted from the school you really want to attend?? or do you send one in after an interview and waiting on the school's decision?

sim4radonc said:
I been dying to ask someone about LOIs....

so do u send one in after you get waitlisted from the school you really want to attend?? or do you send one in after an interview and waiting on the school's decision?

You can do it either way. But I sent mine in after my interview because I knew that the commitee was going to be reviewing my application. I sent my LOI and thank you letter. That way it may help if during the discussion they knew that they were my #1. I would rather tell them before they discussed me than after they decided to waitlist me.

I just like to lay it all out! :cool:

Turquoisey said:
Are you sure that an official transcript isnt better to send??
Don't bother. You'd be an idiot to lie about your grades, because most/all med schools require final transcripts prior to matriculation, so they'll find out anyways.