Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Pepperdine MA or MFT classes, assignments, workload

Discussion in 'Mental Health and Social Welfare' started by lettersandnumbers, Nov 4, 2017.

1. lettersandnumbers

Pre-Psychology
    Just wondering for a full-time professional who is going back to school, what are the MFT/MA classes at Pepperdine like? Are the assignments mostly reading and writing? Are there multiple choice exams as well? Are the classes more experiential or more academic based (reading, writing, exams)? If I work full time and I am slow reader and writer will taking two classes a week be overwhelming? Is this the same for other MFT programs in Southern California, e.g., Antioch, Phillips, Chapman? Thank you for any advice.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. smalltownpsych

Psychologist

Psychologist
    I attended Pepperdine’s MA program about ten years ago so it is possible that things have changed. When I was there it was mainly geared towards multiple choice tests and it was quite academically challenging and rigorous. There was an extensive amount of experiential learning as well. Not a ton of written work as I recall although writing up assessment reports for the first time was challenging enough. It was a great program but very expensive.