Perio 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back from ucla regarding interview invitations? If so, when did they contact you?

Members don't see this ad.

Mine is on October 11th. Actually I don’t know how the process there but I’ll let you know after my interview.
I hope your interview was good, can you share your experience? How was the process, how many candidates were you? etc..
Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I hope your interview was good, can you share your experience? How was the process, how many candidates were you? etc..
Thanks
Hi!
The interview was good. We were 7 candidates. Program director, faculties & residents were very friendly. Evey candidate will get a schedule for the day.
9-9:30: breakfast & coffee.
9:30 - 10: the program director gives an introduction about the program and Temple University and almost everything you need to know about the program.
10:00 : the interviews start.
You will be interviewing by 6 faculties.
Good luck!

Hi!
The interview was good. We were 7 candidates. Program director, faculties & residents were very friendly. Evey candidate will get a schedule for the day.
9-9:30: breakfast & coffee.
9:30 - 10: the program director gives an introduction about the program and Temple University and almost everything you need to know about the program.
10:00 : the interviews start.
You will be interviewing by 6 faculties.
Good luck!

Thank you for information.I'm an international dentist, do you have any idea, how many international candidates they had and how many will they accept?

Thank you for information.I'm an international dentist, do you have any idea, how many international candidates they had and how many will they accept?
5 out of 7 candidates were internationally trained dentists. I don’t know how many international dentist the program will accept. But I think the program doesn’t accept candidates based on their citizenship & it’s MATCH!
First year residents are 3 nternationally trained dentists out of 4!
Good luck

Hi, does anyone who interviewed at BU before know when they issue acceptances after the interview? thank you

Hi, does anyone know much about the Perio program at NOVA and cost of living in Fort Lauderdale? I heard that Perio competes with prosth for implant cases and living in Fort Lauderdale is very expensive. Any info helps!

Hi, does anyone know much about the Perio program at NOVA and cost of living in Fort Lauderdale? I heard that Perio competes with prosth for implant cases and living in Fort Lauderdale is very expensive. Any info helps!
Hey the website of nova has all this information in detail
When I was initially thinking of applying I remember getting all the information regarding the cost of living n tuition from the nova perio website
Tuition when I checked was 44k/year (5k extra expenses and clinic fee or something )
There is a good split and exact info on the nova site.
And implant thing will be there in all programs at all schools perio and pros compete unless pros residency is not there at the school
So as long as u like a perio program don’t jus think about implant numbers

Anyone had in interview at USC for perio? Do you guys know what the 30 minutes exam is about ?

Just out of curiosity, how do schools know our MATCH number? Not every school I interviewed at directly asked me for it. Is it on our ADEA PASS application ? Thxs

Just out of curiosity, how do schools know our MATCH number? Not every school I interviewed at directly asked me for it. Is it on our ADEA PASS application ? Thxs
At one school that I visited I was told that the PASS and MATCH accounts are linked, so if it was a PASS n MATCH application they will know ur number automatically. If they don't participate in PASS u need to email and inform the program your MATCH number if they haven't asked for it during the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone heard back from university of boston so far?

I mean it would be in their interest to get the results out before tomorrow, it’s the deadline for the match.
It’s not tomorrow! It’s on 16th

Match number is actually the last 5 digits of your PASS ID, so basically as others said, they would know it automatically if they’ve participated in PASS.

Hi guys!
I’m thinking about perio...
Just wondering if anyone knows the exact details of the following - which programs offer a stipend and if they do how much?

Do any programs offer an assistantship? And if so how does this work?

Thanks!

Hi guys!
Just wondering if anyone knows the exact details of the following - which programs offer a stipend and if they do how much?

Thanks!

These are just some rough estimates, but from what I recall:

Univ Florida ~$6,000 yearly stipend (~tuition varies if you are from Florida or not)

Detroit ~ $40,000 yearly stripend (tuition ~60,000)

Virginia~ they have a stipend but I don’t know how much or what tuition is

Minnesota ~$11,000 yearly stipend ( Tuition ~ 20,000)

VA Programs

*There may be more schools that have stipends, but the stipends will always be low in comparison to tuition and living expenses. Unfortunately you will have to take loans out, especially if you are coming straight out of dental school

As for assistantships, I am not aware of any programs that have that

Hi guys!

Thanks!
VCU tuition 15k/ year no stipend
Louisville 30k/year no stipend
St. Louis 37.5k /year no stipend
UIC 40k/year no stipend
Case Western 60k/year 1,2 year ! Year 3- 5k
No stipend for internationals, did not find a us candidate when I visited , so not sure if they have a stipend, thoug perio.org says the stipend is around 54k/year
OSU around 30k/year stipend 10k/year
These programs I’m sure about
(There might be a variation of about1k up or down as I might have rounded some values an all r international student fee structure for US candidates some colleges fee is diff if u r in state)
Alabama tuition is about15k , 10k -12k is stipend
All VA’s give u stipend !!!

Good morning everyone!
Check your email.. I’ve matched

I have matched too, congratulation to all ! and wish the best for post match ! could you post the post match programs!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations!!
I’ve matched to Temple University! And you?
Congrats! I’ve matched to Columbia! Best of luck for the rest of you guys in the post-match process. May God bless you all with the best of your own favor!

Last edited:
Congrats to those that matched. Has anyone heard from the schools that are doing Post Match? I sent an email but haven’t heard anything back from them yet

Congrats to those that matched. Has anyone heard from the schools that are doing Post Match? I sent an email but haven’t heard anything back from them yet
I think you better call them. Call them till they answer their phone (the one written under their name in the list shown on your match profile) They will probably guide you what you should do next.

Thanks! Does anyone know about any of the Texas programs or Louisiana??

Texas programs have great education, low tuition and cost of living, minimal or no stipend but fairly competitive. Houston and San Antonio have beautiful new facilities, no shortage of real estate to build, and seems like lots of money to spend. Houston has a larger cohort of full time faculty than other programs, and they're most all friendly. Since omfs is located at the hospital in dt houston (Think Texas Medical Center, lots of trauma/h+n cancer cases), there is less competition for implant cases within the dental school. Houston perio also has a fairly friendly relationship with prosth. Overall great programs and great experience in my opinion.

Hi guys!

Thanks!

To add to what was already stated regarding stipends (mostly from perio website, so safest to contact PD):
VAs ~50k
UTHSCSA ~9k
UAB ~9k
UNC ~8k
UIC ~9k (Based on clinical production)
UF ~9k
UMn ~5k
Pitt ~25k
UNC ~25k
UCLA ~56k
Michigan ~5k
UMKC ~20k
Nebraska ~20k
Mayo ~55k
UConn ~25k
Iowa ~12k
Case ~50k

Stipend amounts and cost of tuition may differ for international dentists. Also consider that some programs which pay a stipend, require you pay them back tuition--which will offset or often be greater than the stipend you earn...

Any idea about the perio program at Oklahoma? I've heard it's a good clinical program...

UNC got all their 3 applicants from the school. Everyone knows that thats why no one matched with them.

Dont worry I heard and I know people there saying its a very ****ty program.
Its so un-organazed. The residents don’t like each other and they have so many problems. problems with Pros, with patient flow

UNC got all their 3 applicants from the school. Everyone knows that thats why no one matched with them.

Dont worry I heard and I know people there saying its a very ****ty program.
Its so un-organazed. The residents don’t like each other and they have so many problems. problems with Pros, with patient flow
UNC or Okhlahoma?

Hey guys, do you know anything about Case Western’s fellowship program? I’m an international student and want to improve my profile, any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance