Perio 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I contacted Harvard program director, and he said they were still in the process of reviewing application, and most likely would send out more invitations. So keep hopes up, Harvard applicants!
Any updates on interviews for Harvard applicants/2nd round?! Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I just got one from UPenn. Do you know how is the iv there? UPenn it’s one of my top university I am shocked.
Congratulations!!! unfortunately no idea about the interview process there.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I just got one from UPenn. Do you know how is the iv there? UPenn it’s one of my top university I am shocked.
Congratulations!! What are the dates??

Members don't see this ad :)
I know and thanks for that I just wanted to know a little more lol!
On the first day I had 2 interviews, one in the morning with one of the residents, and one in the afternoon with the perio chair, the rest of my time was spent observing in perio clinic and talking to other residents. For the happy hour, the residents took us to a restaurant around 5:30, and we chatted and ate snacks and drinks till about 7-7:30.
My second day also included 3 interviews with the program director, faculty and a resident. Overall everything was smooth and everyone were welcoming and nice! Wish you all the best!

Can you both please share your profile if you don’t mind ? Thanks
I’m a foreign trained dentist graduated last year, rank 2, GPA 3.8, Toefl 115, GRE 321, and a perio externship in US.

On the first day I had 2 interviews, one in the morning with one of the residents, and one in the afternoon with the perio chair, the rest of my time was spent observing in perio clinic and talking to other residents. For the happy hour, the residents took us to a restaurant around 5:30, and we chatted and ate snacks and drinks till about 7-7:30.
My second day also included 3 interviews with the program director, faculty and a resident. Overall everything was smooth and everyone were welcoming and nice! Wish you all the best!
Thank you very much for you insight. The happy hour was the 1st day or the 2nd. I booked my flight at 8:30

does anyone know if USC has interview day other than October 17th?

I have a question... why dont we have an official perio forum as the other specialties?

Any news about University of Florida? Minnesota? Temple?
I have an interview on October 16th with Temple. Do you know the interview process for Temple? They send an email and just said it will be btw 9am-4pm.

I have an interview on October 16th with Temple. Do you know the interview process for Temple? They send an email and just said it will be btw 9am-4pm.
Mine is on October 11th. Actually I don’t know how the process there but I’ll let you know after my interview.

Minnesota has begun sending out invites but I don’t know the dates. I haven’t gotten one :(

Last edited:
Minnesota has begun sending out invites but I don’t know the dates. I haven’t got one :(
Hello!! Have you gotten an iv from USC right?
What about Tuft, Nova and Louisville I haven’t heard anything from them...

Hello!! Have you gotten an iv from USC right?
What about Tuft, Nova and Louisville I haven’t heard anything from them...
I haven’t applied in NOVA, Tufts and Louisville. And yes I’ve gotten an inerview from USC on October 17th.

I haven’t applied in NOVA, Tufts and Louisville. And yes I’ve gotten an inerview from USC on October 17th.
Mine is on 24th. Do you know anything about how it will be? Are you from California? I hope you do well, it’s a great program.

Mine is on 24th. Do you know anything about how it will be? Are you from California? I hope you do well, it’s a great program.
No, I’m from Michigan. I don’t have any idea how it will be but I’ll let you know when I’m done with the interview :)

No, I’m from Michigan. I don’t have any idea how it will be but I’ll let you know when I’m done with the interview :)
Yes, I will see you at UPenn. I think you got the same days of iv as I.

Apparnetly UF has sent out interviews, too. Didn’t get one.

Hello everyone! Do you guys know if programs still sending invitations? Or this is it for this cycle?

Hello everyone! Do you guys know if programs still sending invitations? Or this is it for this cycle?
I think almost all programs should be done sending invites as the match ranking date is Oct 29 on wards (usually most programs give 3 week notice at least )
i think if there are cancellations some might get invites unless any program interviews that late
not sure about VA'S, Buffalo and west Virgina , rest have sent multiple batches according to this forum !!!

I think almost all programs should be done sending invites as the match ranking date is Oct 29 on wards (usually most programs give 3 week notice at least )
i think if there are cancellations some might get invites unless any program interviews that late
not sure about VA'S, Buffalo and west Virgina , rest have sent multiple batches according to this forum !!!
Really? Ohhh I didn’t see the invitations from tufts for example, I mean it’s not in the list. I didn’t know October 29 th was the deadline to rank. We are close!!!! Did you get iv? Where? If you don’t mind. I’m new and I don’t know pretty well how is the process. Thanks

Really? Ohhh I didn’t see the invitations from tufts for example, I mean it’s not in the list. I didn’t know October 29 th was the deadline to rank. We are close!!!! Did you get iv? Where? If you don’t mind. I’m new and I don’t know pretty well how is the process. Thanks
Oct 29 is not deadline
Programs can send in ranks form oct 29 to nov 15
I interviewed at Tennessee , louisville , Marquette, vcu and saint Louis

Reactions: 1 users
hi, has anyone who has been invited for an interview at Harvard got any more details? also are expenses covered?