Perio 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any acceptances from Univ. of Rochester?
Any invites from UConn?

Rochester sent today the official emails.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Fellows!
I am late in application cycle.
Yet, I would like to know about any interview calls from
Univ. of Kentucky
U Conn
U Louisville
Medical Univ. of South Carolina
Texas A&M
Univ of Tennessee
It would be great help to know how many rounds of interviews have already been conducted.
Thank you

Hey Fellows!
I am late in application cycle.
Yet, I would like to know about any interview calls from
Univ. of Kentucky
U Conn
U Louisville
Medical Univ. of South Carolina
Texas A&M
Univ of Tennessee
It would be great help to know how many rounds of interviews have already been conducted.
Thank you
Tennessee sry to say but they won’t be calling anyone ( this is what I was told when I spoke there )
They had 2 rounds of 10 people
Louisville had 4 batches of 8 people not sure if they would have another round
MUSC sent some rejections so if u did not get a rejection it’s positive news wait up U should hear back soon
U Kentucky n uconn did not apply so no idea
Texas a and m have not heard back so not sure what is the situation
but last year they sent invites on sept 3 so may be wel hear back this week

Canadian applicant here. I applied very late in the cycle (submitted PASS application Aug 18) I only applied to schools that had Aug 31 deadlines or later. In the last two weeks I was invited to interview at BU, Louisville, and Texas A&M. Still waiting on Harvard, Temple, Tufts, Detroit Mercy, Michigan, Oklahoma, MUSC, and some Canadian schools.

Tennessee sry to say but they won’t be calling anyone ( this is what I was told when I spoke there )
They had 2 rounds of 10 people
Louisville had 4 batches of 8 people not sure if they would have another round
MUSC sent some rejections so if u did not get a rejection it’s positive news wait up U should hear back soon
U Kentucky n uconn did not apply so no idea
Texas a and m have not heard back so not sure what is the situation
but last year they sent invites on sept 3 so may be wel hear back this week
Thank you Mayank. It’s such a great help.
I really like profile of Univ. of Kentucky program. They also trained their residents in LANAP.

Canadian applicant here. I applied very late in the cycle (submitted PASS application Aug 18) I only applied to schools that had Aug 31 deadlines or later. In the last two weeks I was invited to interview at BU, Louisville, and Texas A&M. Still waiting on Harvard, Temple, Tufts, Detroit Mercy, Michigan, Oklahoma, MUSC, and some Canadian schools.
If you do not mind, would you be able to let us know about your date of interview for Univ. of Louisville and Texas A&M?
Thank you

Members don't see this ad :)
Maryland has called for interview invite
UCSF has emailed for interview invite
UConn has called for interview invite

Any idea about LLU, have they already sent out interview invites?

Maryland has called for interview invite
UCSF has emailed for interview invite
UConn has called for interview invite
When have they called? and what are the dates for the interviews?

Are you sure? Cause I got “file complete” email from Harvard just yesterday, I actually completed my case in May, but just got the “complete application” email.

I contacted Harvard program director, and he said they were still in the process of reviewing application, and most likely would send out more invitations. So keep hopes up, Harvard applicants!

Reactions: 1 users
What's the deal with Michigan? Has anyone gotten an interview?

any news from case western ?

Not sure how accurate this information is, but I heard from a student at case western that they were not interviewing at all for residents this year. They just are not going to have a first year Perio class next year

Not sure how accurate this information is, but I heard from a student at case western that they were not interviewing at all for residents this year. They just are not going to have a first year Perio class next year
Woh this is a big shock
I did an externship there as per my knowledge
Unless their expected first year class size has become 2 instead of 3
They would interview
I’m saying this because they have 2 students who r doing an additional year training there and so it would make sense that they get the 2 spots
But students from case would know better !!!
Thanks for replying !!!

Woh this is a big shock
I did an externship there as per my knowledge
Unless their expected first year class size has become 2 instead of 3
They would interview
I’m saying this because they have 2 students who r doing an additional year training there and so it would make sense that they get the 2 spots
But students from case would know better !!!
Thanks for replying !!!
I think there is one position only and usually goes for thier interns! It happend in 2014 for the class of 2015 too.

When did you receive the invitation for an interview from A&M University?

Got rejection email from UCSF today :/

Do you know if they've sent all their invites and did you get a application complete email by any chance?
I didn't get an application complete email bc I still haven't submitted all of my supplementary information. I was surprised that I got the invite .

I didn't get an application complete email bc I still haven't submitted all of my supplementary information. I was surprised that I got the invite .

Congrats for the iv!! Do you have gre?

Any news about University of Florida? Minnesota? Temple?

They mentioned that reviewing is a long process and it’s possible candidates won’t hear about their status for a long time.It’s all very mysterious :) fingers crossed for all of us.

Hey, have you gotten an iv yet?

Hello guys,
Does anyone have an idea about the interview process at Upenn and Indiana?
Thanks.

Hello guys,
Does anyone have an idea about the interview process at Upenn and Indiana?
Thanks.
Indiana has 4 interviewees each day, 3 interviews for every person in the morning, plus a tour. Then, it includes observation in perio clinic from 1-5 pm.

UPenn holds for 2 days, 2-3 interviews each day, plus a “happy hour” with residents on the afternoon of the first day. I haven’t been there yet, but it says this way on their email.

Indiana has 4 interviewees each day, 3 interviews for every person in the morning, plus a tour. Then, it includes observation in perio clinic from 1-5 pm.

UPenn holds for 2 days, 2-3 interviews each day, plus a “happy hour” with residents on the afternoon of the first day. I haven’t been there yet, but it says this way on their email.

Hello periodent! Very good info. Thanks. Do you know anything about usc? How is their interview? I would like to know what to expect.

Hello periodent! Very good info. Thanks. Do you know anything about usc? How is their interview? I would like to know what to expect.
Hi! Thank you, unfortunately I did not apply there and I don’t have any information. Sorry! Wish you the best of luck!

Thank you for your reply

Texas A and M said they r done with sending interview invitation !!!

Texas A and M said they r done with sending interview invitation !!!
Do you know if they finished the interview invites just for the Perio program or for all programs? I applied to another program and I didn't receive any news yet. I call them every week to ask about it and they keep telling me that they didn't start sending the invites yet. Thanks!

Do you know if they finished the interview invites just for the Perio program or for all programs? I applied to another program and I didn't receive any news yet. I call them every week to ask about it and they keep telling me that they didn't start sending the invites yet. Thanks!
I only applied to Perio and when I contacted the program director , I was told that the invites for this year are out and I did not get an invite !!!!

Hello, has anyone heard any information about Loma Linda? Have they sent out any interview invites yet? They are non match so I would think they would have started interviews by now.

Hello, has anyone heard any information about Loma Linda? Have they sent out any interview invites yet? They are non match so I would think they would have started interviews by now.
One of my friends said that they have sent their invitations.
As I heard, they didn't invite foreign trained dentist.