Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

highvoltage1045

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice about the personal statement that goes with your application? Should it be very long like over 500 words or should it be brief? Also what kind of information should it contain? like why im interested in becoming a podiatrist and information about shadowing a podiatrist?

Members don't see this ad.

Try to explain who you are.... touch on life experiences (shadowing experiences, volunteering, internships ect.) and explain what you have learned from those experiences and how those lessons will help you become a good podiatrist. Definately say why you want to become a podiatrist. Also clear up any mishaps on your transcripts and/or resume.

Does anyone have any advice about the personal statement that goes with your application? Should it be very long like over 500 words or should it be brief? Also what kind of information should it contain? like why im interested in becoming a podiatrist and information about shadowing a podiatrist?

Well, for my DO personal statement it was 4980 characters out of 5000. And that included EVERYTHING I wanted to say... I was very close to the max. My rule of thumb is the longer the better, as long as you're not being long-winded; sincerely talk about why you want to be a pod.

I'm unsure about the length limit though for the pod app :confused:

Members don't see this ad :)