PGY2 Critical Care Programs

Started by highdose
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

highdose

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all-

I'm looking into Critical Care PGY2 programs in New York, possibly ID as well. I am geographically limited (fiance living there now), and am torn between pursuing PGY2 training at my current institution vs trying my hand at the match again.

CAn anyone comment on the PGY2 programs there? (Presbyterian, New York Methodist, NYU, Kingsbrook?) Any help appreciated- thanks!
 
The ID program at New York Presby is solid. You get to rotate between Cornell and Presby. You see a ton of resistant organisms (i.e. CRE), and they are doing great research. I looked at them a few years back.
 
You don't have to do the match to get the PGY2 with your current institution? Or was it guaranteed, you just have to match as a formality?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
it would be via the early commit process. So I'm balancing enduring the distance for ANOTHER year vs entering via the match for an attempt at a program in a geographically desirable area
 
I was trained in New York for PGY-1. From what I know, most of these programs tend to early commit their PGY-1 residents