Pharmacy/healthcare staffing companies?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hye345

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these? In my area, the dominant ones seem to be RPH On The Go, and Soilant.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did a gig with Soliant a while back. Man,be careful with these staffing companies. They will put you in some godforsaken places that it scares you. Make sure you look at your pay real close too, they Jack it up to make it look like you’re making a killer hourly rate, when in fact you consider mileage, food, lodging, etc it brings down the hourly real low...
My impression of those is they see you as another transaction and you should conduct yourself as such too.
if you have to do it then I guess

Reactions: 2 users
Its not crime to elaborate :)
I answered your question :) You didn't elaborate what you wanted to know? jk - I have been on both sides of the coin, are you wanting to know about working for them or hiring them? What specifically are you wanting to know?

If you are looking at working for them, I would do it only under the following circumstances:
1. You are looking for a side gig
2. You are currently unemployed and can't find full time / part time (if that is what you want) work
3. You don't need to work (rich spouse, independently wealthy, etc) and you just want to work for the heck of it

Most of the positions don't have benefits like sick leave, vacation, 401k, health insurance.

Some may give you healthcare coverage but the premiums are higher than what you’d if you were hired by a company.

If you are looking at working for them, I would do it only under the following circumstances:
1. You are looking for a side gig
2. You are currently unemployed and can't find full time / part time (if that is what you want) work
3. You don't need to work (rich spouse, independently wealthy, etc) and you just want to work for the heck of it
Thanks. I was looking at it more in terms of getting some hospital/inpatient experience, when/if the time comes to bail on retail.

Just another option to take a look at to build inpatient experience: Clinical Telepharmacy Services and Software | PipelineRx

I've not worked for them before but I know a lot of hospitals hire the company out. They offer remote work. I know they advertise they prefer residency or inpatient experience, but depending on your licensure and their need you might have a shot.

One other pathway is to do LTC pharmacy first, then use the experience you get there with IV rooms, gent/vanc dosing, etc., to help you get an inpatient job. I did LTC for three years and actually liked it as a practice area anyway.