Pharmacy Professor Jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmdawg000

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

Was looking into a job at a new private pharmacy school who has a few openings for clinical professors. Their job includes maintaining a practice site at the hospital, teaching some lectures, etc... no research is required. They offer 6 weeks vacation and really good benefits, though I don't know what the salary is. Does anyone have experience with similar positions, or may know what some pros/cons are for these type positions? Also, any idea of what the salary could be?

Thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,

Was looking into a job at a new private pharmacy school who has a few openings for clinical professors. Their job includes maintaining a practice site at the hospital, teaching some lectures, etc... no research is required. They offer 6 weeks vacation and really good benefits, though I don't know what the salary is. Does anyone have experience with similar positions, or may know what some pros/cons are for these type positions? Also, any idea of what the salary could be?

Thanks in advance...

Sounds like a non-tenure track to me.

Is this new pharmacy school still seeking for accreditation? New schools are required to have a certain amount of professors before they get accredited. I think you might have to precept students along with other things.

Members don't see this ad :)
are pharmacy professor job for clinical teaching often non-tenure? My non-tenure friends in the social sciences get way more time off then that. Does that vacation factor in student breaks, or is it separate? If it factors it in, what do they do all day when school's out?

are pharmacy professor job for clinical teaching often non-tenure? My non-tenure friends in the social sciences get way more time off then that. Does that vacation factor in student breaks, or is it separate? If it factors it in, what do they do all day when school's out?

Its often just a 2nd job to most faculty. As long as your other job is okay, it doesn't matter. They are already getting the big bucks from their main job.

my clinical professor is full time. They must get months off.

Its often just a 2nd job to most faculty. As long as your other job is okay, it doesn't matter. They are already getting the big bucks from their main job.

If that's the case, will the schools hire one with experience in lieu of residency?

If that's the case, will the schools hire one with experience in lieu of residency?

I've actually looked at faculty position postings at my school (and newer schools might have more lenient requirements). Clinical faculty on the inpatient side (gen med/critical care/etc...) have to have a 2 year residency. For ambulatory care faculty it said PGY1 required, PGY2 preferred.

It seems like all of the new professors the school hired in the past few years have PGY2s. Moreover, I just made the realization that all of them are from very well-respected schools (Rutgers/Buffalo/UNC/Purdue, etc...) and of course from the school that I go to. So maybe it is important where you graduated from if you're going into academia? I mean, there had to have been more schools around 8 or so years ago when these people were starting pharmacy school.