Pharmacy School interview accept/decline etiquette

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MJ224

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello, I had a question regarding the rules, if any, to accepting then declining a pharmacy school invitation. If i accept my number 2 school of choice, but then interview at my #1 choice, would I get penalized somehow by declining the number 2 choice even after I put down the first deposit to hold a spot?
 
That's what you're supposed to do. You won't get penalized. You'll just make someone on the waitlist very happy!
 
It is perfectly fine to accept an offer, pay a deposit and then decline. But dont do so until you have the offer from the #1 school and in order to do so respectfully, be sure to do it in a timely manner. Just don't wait until June while you weigh your choices.