PharmCAS "Are you requesting a committee evaluation?"

Started by ma222
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ma222

Full Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
On the "evaluations" tab of pharmCAS, the first question asks "are you requesting a committee evaluation?" I don't know exactly what that means or what they're referring to. I'd appreciate if someone can fill me in.
I'm applying early decision to Wayne State University, for context.
Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 8.06.35 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-12 at 8.06.35 PM.png
    144.6 KB · Views: 690
On the "evaluations" tab of pharmCAS, the first question asks "are you requesting a committee evaluation?" I don't know exactly what that means or what they're referring to. I'd appreciate if someone can fill me in.
I'm applying early decision to Wayne State University, for context.
Thanks!

It means one of your LORs is not one individual, but a panel of people within a department that is critiquing your work ethic. This is common for those that have done a year of undergraduate research under the Science Department and reports findings to the faculty of said department. Or, it could be that you worked closely within a company for so long that those up and down your immediate chain can attest of your hard work and experience with patients.
 
On the "evaluations" tab of pharmCAS, the first question asks "are you requesting a committee evaluation?" I don't know exactly what that means or what they're referring to. I'd appreciate if someone can fill me in.
I'm applying early decision to Wayne State University, for context.
Thanks!

Check out the job market forum or saturation sticky. Now is probably the worst time to start pharmacy school.