PharmCAS deadline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JessG2293

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am not exactly sure how the whole deadline for pharmCAS works so I am hoping that someone here could give me some clarification. One of the schools I am looking to apply to has a deadline of Nov. 1st. If I submit my application by then what exactly can I and can I not edit? I am aware that I cannot edit personal information such as a my personal statement, letters of rec etc. however, if there are different schools which require additional answers such as "why their school" or how you can contribute to them, is that something I can add on after the deadline?

Also, can I input my grades manually after it is submitted or does it have to be prior to that?

Thank you and good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

You're only allowed to edit your name, address, and what schools you're sending the app to. You need to put in your grades manually before you submit because PharmCAS needs to verify those grades. The verification process takes 4-6 weeks, or something along those lines. I don't know if your school will consider your app if your grades aren't verified. When I did ED my school's supplemental questions were under "program material" on PharmCAS.

You're only allowed to edit your name, address, and what schools you're sending the app to. You need to put in your grades manually before you submit because PharmCAS needs to verify those grades. The verification process takes 4-6 weeks, or something along those lines. I don't know if your school will consider your app if your grades aren't verified. When I did ED my school's supplemental questions were under "program material" on PharmCAS.

Thank You! I had my transcript sent in a while back, I just have to go and input the grades manually as well. Obviously if I add more schools and they have certain questions they want you to answer, those can be edited after the application is submitted correct? Thank you for your help, I appreciate it very much!

Members don't see this ad :)
Once the main part of the application (not the school-specific sections under "Program Materials") is done, as long as you've finished the "Program Materials" for your Nov 1 deadline school, you can submit the app for just that school. You can then go back and finish up the rest of the school-specific stuff for the other schools you're applying to later.

I had submitted my application for three schools, then went back and finished the school-specific essays for another two schools a week or so later. As long as all the universal material is good to go (since you won't be able to edit it, e.g. personal statement/transcripts/experiences), it's not a problem. It'll just be another $55/school fee when you submit the rest.

From what I've seen, the date that the application is submitted for verification is the date the schools use for your application date. So, as long as you hit submit by the deadline, you're good to go.

I submitted my first round of applications on 10/13 and it was verified on 10/19 (and I have transcripts from six schools). I was very surprised how quickly it was completed!

Reactions: 1 user
Thank You! I had my transcript sent in a while back, I just have to go and input the grades manually as well. Obviously if I add more schools and they have certain questions they want you to answer, those can be edited after the application is submitted correct? Thank you for your help, I appreciate it very much!

Yes, they can. Some schools may also email you a link to do their supplemental app through their school-specific website.

From what I've seen, the date that the application is submitted for verification is the date the schools use for your application date. So, as long as you hit submit by the deadline, you're good to go.

I submitted my first round of applications on 10/13 and it was verified on 10/19 (and I have transcripts from six schools). I was very surprised how quickly it was completed!

I was never 100% sure about that, especially with rolling admission schools. I've read different stories online and some schools said they wouldn't look at your app unless everything was submitted and verified. I gave myself plenty of time for the verification process, but it only took 4 days. I was very surprised how quickly it was completed as well.

The deadline is set for November 1st, does this mean that I have to submit it by 11:59pm on the 31st or will it still be accepted on the 1st? Thank you everyone for your help!

The deadline is set for November 1st, does this mean that I have to submit it by 11:59pm on the 31st or will it still be accepted on the 1st? Thank you everyone for your help!

I’d assume 11:59 on the 1st. Check the school website or PharmCAS to see if it says anything. If it were me, I’d submit before the 1st to be safe

Its actually 11:59 PM EASTERN on 11/1.

Emphasis on the eastern lol.

Reactions: 1 users
From the "Add Programs" section of PharmCAS:

"Program deadlines expire at 11:59:59 pm Eastern Standard Time (UTC-5) on the date shown."

Copied from the PharmCAS Help Pages:
After the initial submission of your completed PharmCAS application, you may only make changes to the following items:
  • Full Legal Name.
  • Alternate Name.
  • Permanent Mailing Address.
  • Current Mailing Address.
  • Phone Numbers.
  • Email Address.
  • Fax Number.
  • Password: Not transmitted to your designated pharmacy schools.
  • Designate Additional PharmCAS Programs: No substitutions or deletions.
  • Planned Coursework: One-time changes during the Academic Update only.
  • New Fall Courses Completed: One-time changes during the Academic Update only.
  • Reference Contacts: You may not delete an evaluator from your application once PharmCAS receives the evaluator’s reference.
  • PCAT CID