PharmCAS--Length of Personal Statement

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sooverthepcat

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know the directions say that the length can not exceed 4500 characters. I have finished mine and it is only 3125 characters. Will the admissions committee look negatively upon the fact that I could have written more? I feel like it is complete. I could go in and fluff it up with a bunch of adjectives, but I think concise writing is more professional. Do you think this will be an issue?

Members don't see this ad.

I know the directions say that the length can not exceed 4500 characters. I have finished mine and it is only 3125 characters. Will the admissions committee look negatively upon the fact that I could have written more? I feel like it is complete. I could go in and fluff it up with a bunch of adjectives, but I think concise writing is more professional. Do you think this will be an issue?

Don't add unnecessary words if you feel like it's finished. The adcom personnel will probably be glad it's a bit shorter, considering that they are reviewing a ton of application packets. Don't sweat the unused characters.

Don't add unnecessary words if you feel like it's finished. The adcom personnel will probably be glad it's a bit shorter, considering that they are reviewing a ton of application packets. Don't sweat the unused characters.

I'm going to take your advice. I think I knew the answer. I just needed someone to agree with me

Reactions: 1 user