PharmCas Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AsianGuy26

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here is a thread everyone can post their question about PharmCas

[I know that there are other threads like this]

My question is what level courses are considered freshman/sophomore and which upper level division?

Members don't see this ad.

I ended up doing it by the number associated with the class.

ie: 1000 and 2000 are Fresh/Sop classes and 3000 and 4000 and upper level

Made sense to me at the time, and I aint changing them now! :laugh:

If you took courses at a University, lower division courses are considered fresh/soph and upper division courses are junior/senior level courses.
If you took ANY courses at a junior/community college, they are all considred to be fresh/soph level courses.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but this is how I filled out my application last year and to my knowledge, part of the description that pharmcas provided.

Good luck :love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I ended up doing it by the number associated with the class.

ie: 1000 and 2000 are Fresh/Sop classes and 3000 and 4000 and upper level

Made sense to me at the time, and I aint changing them now! :laugh:

Yes, this is how you do it except some schools might use 100, 200, etc. I think there are some other schools with weird numbering, so I don't know how you do those ones!

Are you allowed to add another recommender after you e-submit?

You can add references after you e-submit, but you cannot delete any that have already been received by PharmCAS.

I have a question concerning Courses:

I had 3 courses taken in high school that my college accepted as credit. It was listed as "T" for transfer. However, PharmCAS does not offer T for the choice "Grade as it appears on the transcript"

So should I put those courses as P (pass) or Cr (credit)?

I have a question concerning Courses:

I had 3 courses taken in high school that my college accepted as credit. It was listed as "T" for transfer. However, PharmCAS does not offer T for the choice "Grade as it appears on the transcript"

So should I put those courses as P (pass) or Cr (credit)?

If the classes are AP classes, then you should put them as CR. That's what they told me when I emailed them.

K thanks for the help guys. One of my high school classes was AP, while another was some other thing...I'll email them to clarify.

Can I add more schools when I submit my application?

Can I submit my application now, if there is one more class I don't know the grade yet?

:oops:

Thanks, everyone

Here is a thread everyone can post their question about PharmCas

[I know that there are other threads like this]

My question is what level courses are considered freshman/sophomore and which upper level division?

I considered all the prereqs to be fresh/soph. For example, if I took Chem 100 something and if it was a prereq for a Chem major, I considered it a fresh/soph. If Chem 100 was not a prereq for a Chem major, but a class that was higher than the normal prereqs, then I considered it upper div. It does get tricky and confusing but it worked ok for me. I got accepted Fall 2008 and PharmCAS didn't tell me to fix anything.

Can I add more schools when I submit my application?

Can I submit my application now, if there is one more class I don't know the grade yet?

:oops:

Thanks, everyone

Yes to both questions. There is an academic update later on which you can change grades along with adding additional schools.

One of my pharmacists is always busy and I'm afraid that she might not be able to submit a LOR to PharmCAS, although she said she would. It shows that the status is still "NEW", meaning she hasn't opened the email from pharmCAS yet?

If I had already submitted my application, can I still delete that pharmacist and add different pharmacist instead?

How should I answer this question?

I attended this university 1 semester only 10 years ago (3 credits and withdrew the rest of classes) then I came back the same school 3 years ago. I do not think that 3 credits will be counted anyways if I apply to any school.
My question is how to put "attendance date" to Pharmcas? Should I mention new date since I came back or I have to put the original day which is long time ago?

Thank you.