PharmCAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmscience2019@

Reaction score
Hey I am an undergrad student and I am going to apply this semester, I want to know if I took 12 credits of math but I repeated calculus I, then how PharmCas is going to calculate my gpa? They average my gpa or not? If i repeated that class then is going to be 15 credis instead of 12?

Members don't see this ad.

Let me move this for you.

You will have credit for 12 credits, not 15.

Every school has a different policy for calculating GPA, they don't just blindly use PharmCAS. Well maybe some do but certainly not all. IMO the most common practice is to use "grade forgiveness" so they only use the highest grade earned but like I said it varies, some use the average of the two. Often this information can be found online at the schools admission page but if not feel free to call the schools you are interested in applying to.

Good luck. :)

P.S. - Obligatory "get out now while you can" statement.

Reactions: 1 user
ok thanks a lot, owlegrad!

so in terms of applying to pharmcas, they will calculate my math GPA using 12 credits, not 15 credits? so they average my grades?

Reactions: 1 user
ok thanks a lot, owlegrad!

so in terms of applying to pharmcas, they will calculate my math GPA using 12 credits, not 15 credits? so they average my grades?

Uh...didn't I already answer that? LOL

Some schools will average your grades and some will use grade forgiveness. It literally could not matter less how PharmCAS handles it. The schools you apply to will determine your PGA for themselves.