You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015
Started by DOthreads
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
did you just find out today??Interview on the 26th! Happy dance!
did you just find out today??
Found out late yesterday. Came via email. Just then logged in.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
II for 26th as well! Found out 9/5 via email as well! Totally pumped, this school is likely my top pick!
Think its worth my while to submit a secondary here as an OOS applicant?
3.5 sgpa/3.3cgpa/30 mcat/non trad with huge upward trend.
3.5 sgpa/3.3cgpa/30 mcat/non trad with huge upward trend.
When did you guys with interviews submit?
Think its worth my while to submit a secondary here as an OOS applicant?
3.5 sgpa/3.3cgpa/30 mcat/non trad with huge upward trend.
I'm OOS, with a 3.3/3.2/28 so yes 🙂
I'm OOS, with a 3.3/3.2/28 so yes 🙂
You give me hope that I will heat something soon.
I hope you do!You give me hope that I will heat something soon.
When did you guys with interviews submit?
This thread keeps a running list of interview invites, with cGPA, sGPA, MCAT, Date complete, Date II received, and Interview date.
Also, I was totally complete Aug 1, 35 MCAT, 3.15 cGPA, 3.04 sGPA, IS
I was complete 7/26 with my committee lor in on 9/4 and received my II on 9/5Around how long after being complete did you guys receive an II?
Thanks for letting me know! I really appreciate it! Congratulations on your III was complete 7/26 with my committee lor in on 9/4 and received my II on 9/5

It's the week of the first interviews everybody! Looking forward to meeting everybody going on Friday, and here's to hoping we all get accepted!
As for those still waiting on II's good luck and it's still early in the cycle so keep trucking!
Random question but how is everyone getting to GA and campus? I'm flying in Thursday and staying with family in Marietta.
As for those still waiting on II's good luck and it's still early in the cycle so keep trucking!
Random question but how is everyone getting to GA and campus? I'm flying in Thursday and staying with family in Marietta.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
It's the week of the first interviews everybody! Looking forward to meeting everybody going on Friday, and here's to hoping we all get accepted!
As for those still waiting on II's good luck and it's still early in the cycle so keep trucking!
Random question but how is everyone getting to GA and campus? I'm flying in Thursday and staying with family in Marietta.
Looking forward to meeting the rest of you as well! Really excited about interviewing at this school! I'm a local so I'll be driving in from Sandy Springs in the morning.
I got my interview for Oct 10. Very excited and congrats to everyone that's coming up soon. Anyone else a 10/10'er?
did you get your interview invite today?
Hey, I'm a first year student. What time are your interviews on Friday?
Mine is at 10:30!Hey, I'm a first year student. What time are your interviews on Friday?
How is the interview atmosphere?
Mine is at 10:30 as well!
All I can say is good luck. We have 2 of 7 tests this week on Friday so if you see people looking like delirious zombies or are yelling obscenities, don't mind us.Mine is at 10:30!
How is the interview atmosphere?
Mine is at 10:30!
How is the interview atmosphere?
I thought it was fairly relaxed but not in a bad way.
No I actually got it Sept 10, but I just found this thread on the forum. My interview is set for 10:30am though. Am curious about the format and if it's open file or not as well if anyone knows.did you get your interview invite today?
Most everyone in interview feedback said open file: http://schools.studentdoctor.net/school/pcom-georgia/survey/26#question_overflow_122
Last year, the only information the interviewers had was our GPA and MCAT score. It may have been different in previous years though.
Does anyone know if is it OK to not have three letters from faculty/profs? Could I just submit any three letters?
I am Canadian and we generally don't have any pre-med committees at universities... I have a letter from a DO i shadowed, my science prof and couple others from work and volunteer coordinators (all of them pretty strong I am assuming since I have worked with them for years and they know me quite well!)
I am Canadian and we generally don't have any pre-med committees at universities... I have a letter from a DO i shadowed, my science prof and couple others from work and volunteer coordinators (all of them pretty strong I am assuming since I have worked with them for years and they know me quite well!)
I'd call the school to confirm that was okay. But, I would think that they'd probably allow it.
They are strict on the letter requirement as many have found out and are now scrambling to get other lettersDoes anyone know if is it OK to not have three letters from faculty/profs? Could I just submit any three letters?
I am Canadian and we generally don't have any pre-med committees at universities... I have a letter from a DO i shadowed, my science prof and couple others from work and volunteer coordinators (all of them pretty strong I am assuming since I have worked with them for years and they know me quite well!)
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year, the only information the interviewers had was our GPA and MCAT score. It may have been different in previous years though.
Okay cool. During interview day do you get to meet M1s and M2s?
You may run into some of us. We have our second huge exam on Friday morning from 9:00-noon. You'll probably see some people crying in the halls during lunch. 😛
You may run into some of us. We have our second huge exam on Friday morning from 9:00-noon. You'll probably see some people crying in the halls during lunch. 😛
Just PM'd you regarding a specific question!
what? lol wrong thread?Does UNECOM send complete emails?
....awkward.....what? lol wrong thread?

Ah!!! It's so hard to be patient. Been complete just over a month now.
+1Ah!!! It's so hard to be patient. Been complete just over a month now.
I think you have a shot.Do you think I'd get an II with cGPA 3.5 sGPA 3.4 and MCAT 25?
Hope all the interviews go well today! Looking forward to hearing you guys' feedback ;-)
They have interviews scheduled on a Saturday? Weird.
As for studying/prepping for your interview, I think there is such a thing as over-preparing. For PCOM-GA, I'd say that if you can talk about anything on your app, explain any red flags you may have, and answer "why DO", you're more than fine. It's a very conversational interview; just don't act like a weirdo and you'll be fine.
As for studying/prepping for your interview, I think there is such a thing as over-preparing. For PCOM-GA, I'd say that if you can talk about anything on your app, explain any red flags you may have, and answer "why DO", you're more than fine. It's a very conversational interview; just don't act like a weirdo and you'll be fine.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I would suggest just submitting your secondary because they get so many applicationsI'm currently about to submit my secondary... but also waiting for my DO letter... should I submit my secondary first? or should I wait until I get a DO letter?
Yep, they will not tell you anything, you check if you are complete and then on to the waiting game from now until March I think it isHas anyone tried contacting Admissions regarding their file. I've been complete since July (primary and secondary w/ LORs) but haven't heard anything. I remember the email/portal saying that they won't provide status updates via phone or email. Just curious.
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if you all explained why DO in your secondary. With such a limited word count how significant is it to explain in secondary or will they probably inquire during interview?
Thanks
I was just wondering if you all explained why DO in your secondary. With such a limited word count how significant is it to explain in secondary or will they probably inquire during interview?
Thanks
They will almost absolutely ask you that in your interview, so unless 'why DO' ties directly into your answering of the prompt, just save it for the interview.
I just got one today for 10/10I got my interview for Oct 10. Very excited and congrats to everyone that's coming up soon. Anyone else a 10/10'er?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 130
- Views
- 35K
- Replies
- 181
- Views
- 27K
- Replies
- 437
- Views
- 132K
- Replies
- 178
- Views
- 51K
- Replies
- 129
- Views
- 34K