-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Philadelphia COM - Georgia (GA-PCOM) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015
Started by DOthreads
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
They have cadavers for a group of 4-5 students. They showed us the lab during the interview/tour.From browsing the website, it looked as if the anatomy lab had students observe an instructor dissect rather than having a cadaver per small group of students as most schools do. Can any students confirm or deny?
Yea, there are five of us per cadaver.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
3.90 GPA/3.89 SGPA/29 MCAT and no II...should I just continue hoping or is it safe to say that I should give up hope?
I havent gotten any emails from PCOM GA or PCOM PA since I sent in my secondary...
I havent gotten any emails from PCOM GA or PCOM PA since I sent in my secondary...
Thanks!Call them directly tomorrow. They told me every time I would update my primary app with AACOMAS, my file would technically go to the back of the line. I called them and ended up with an II today after being at the "back of the line".
I ended up calling them earlier and the phone call I think lasted about 20 seconds. I was referred to look online, see if all my stuff was updated and then they will get to you when they get to youCall them directly tomorrow. They told me every time I would update my primary app with AACOMAS, my file would technically go to the back of the line. I called them and ended up with an II today after being at the "back of the line".
I want to call too because it's been almost 7 weeks but it seems like it is a hit or miss experience. I understand schools are busy but we pay to apply and for a secondary app fee. A simple phone call or email is not too much to ask for. I do not get a school that tell an applicant not to call.
I ended up calling them earlier and the phone call I think lasted about 20 seconds. I was referred to look online, see if all my stuff was updated and then they will get to you when they get to you
Same story here. Really want an II 🙁
S
ShayDawg
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Same!See you on the 10th!
Yesterday.@trailrunr88 @ShayDawg Did you guys receive your II today??
S
ShayDawg
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I believe ~two weeks ago. Had everything in except one LOR.
S
ShayDawg
.
Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah they were so helpful there.... or not. I called and even before I could say my name they told me my application was complete. I asked how they could know that without my name or AACOMAS id and they said caller ID. Not wanting to press it further I said ok and hung up. I called from a number that is not mine. PCOM has just fallen to the bottom of my list.
Jeez, I am sorry to hear that, for me it was very rushed as well. As if they were trying their hardest to just get me to hang up. I mean, I was complete since the beginning of August, so I was just really hoping to hear back from themYeah they were so helpful there.... or not. I called and even before I could say my name they told me my application was complete. I asked how they could know that without my name or AACOMAS id and they said caller ID. Not wanting to press it further I said ok and hung up. I called from a number that is not mine. PCOM has just fallen to the bottom of my list.
Jeez, I am sorry to hear that, for me it was very rushed as well. As if they were trying their hardest to just get me to hang up. I mean, I was complete since the beginning of August, so I was just really hoping to hear back from them
I could take the look it up online line but just don't lie to me. If this is any indication of the staff they hire, I would not want to give them a dime. This is completely opposite to my experiences at Touro. This sellers market is making some schools full of themselves.
Yea there was a mix up in my application for the Touro NV, and when I called, they were more than happy to help me out. The admissions staff even re-printed my application (I was complete in August and heard nothing from them) and then said that if I don't get any e-mail from them within two weeks, than I should give her back a call. See the thing is, when I went to visit PCOM in Philly, the staff (Kari Shotwell) was simply amazing, and then they gave me a private tour of the campus. I just think they are overwhelmed and with one person on SDN saying they called and got an interview, I am sure many people think they will get similar resultsI could take the look it up online line but just don't lie to me. If this is any indication of the staff they hire, I would not want to give them a dime. This is completely opposite to my experiences at Touro. This sellers market is making some schools full of themselves.
Yea there was a mix up in my application for the Touro NV, and when I called, they were more than happy to help me out. The admissions staff even re-printed my application (I was complete in August and heard nothing from them) and then said that if I don't get any e-mail from them within two weeks, than I should give her back a call. See the thing is, when I went to visit PCOM in Philly, the staff (Kari Shotwell) was simply amazing, and then they gave me a private tour of the campus. I just think they are overwhelmed and with one person on SDN saying they called and got an interview, I am sure many people think they will get similar results
Well it wasn't even that alone. They said they were going to be at my school's health fair also but failed to show and they did not even contact staff at my school to let them know. It is just some little thing that add up that have been bothering me about the Georgia campus.
Man I am really sorry that you have had such disappointing luck. At least you have had some other interviews, and I wish you best for this cycle!Well it wasn't even that alone. They said they were going to be at my school's health fair also but failed to show and they did not even contact staff at my school to let them know. It is just some little thing that add up that have been bothering me about the Georgia campus.
Yeah, they worry me. They had clinical sites kick them out due to students not showing and various administrative issues.Well it wasn't even that alone. They said they were going to be at my school's health fair also but failed to show and they did not even contact staff at my school to let them know. It is just some little thing that add up that have been bothering me about the Georgia campus.
Hey guys, I'm a first year, and I'm sorry to hear about bad experiences when talking to the admissions office. It seems very out of character to me, because last year they were very helpful every time I called. I'm sure it's that time of year that admissions offices are swamped with people asking questions. I'm not trying to make excuses for them, but I hate to see people get a bad taste in their mouth about the entire school over a phone call. I think it's a great place to be, and I had many other options, so if any of you have any questions about this school feel free to pm me.
Does PCOM-Georgia send you a confirmation email right after submitting the secondary? Because I just submitted it today and I didn't get anything, and when I go to the application link they sent me in the email, it looks blank as if I didn't fill anything in at all.
Does PCOM-Georgia send you a confirmation email right after submitting the secondary? Because I just submitted it today and I didn't get anything, and when I go to the application link they sent me in the email, it looks blank as if I didn't fill anything in at all.
Nope and your check hasn't even arrived there either if you sent it today.
I never got any email after secondaries from both PCOMs but they updated that portal as my documents arrived.
(Just leaving a comment here so I can keep track of where I applied to)
Yeah, they worry me. They had clinical sites kick them out due to students not showing and various administrative issues.
I'm interested in hearing where you got that information. I'm a first year and haven't heard any information from my OMS2 friends about that. Administration is fairly tight lipped about clinical rotations, but I'd have thought the students would be talking about it.
You can PM me if you'd prefer to be discrete.
I'm interested in hearing where you got that information. I'm a first year and haven't heard any information from my OMS2 friends about that. Administration is fairly tight lipped about clinical rotations, but I'd have thought the students would be talking about it.
You can PM me if you'd prefer to be discrete.
It's every school's nightmare. Nonetheless, I've only heard GA-PCOM's clinicals discussed in the most general of terms. There have been issues with organization on the school's end. That said, it's still Atlanta, and it's still an accredited medical school, so you'll get rotations.
After my interview experience, which was their first interview day of the year, it's clear that they know these criticisms - their interview day had a OMS2 at every table, and they worked hard to make us feel welcome. I could tell that they were trying to improve.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Would giving a call to PCOM-GA do anything? I was completed for secondaries a while ago and haven't gotten a II. I couldn't really get a clear answer from the previous posts from you guys.
.
Last edited:
Hey guys - added both PCOM GA and PA just recently. My portal shows they received everything as of today. Any clue how long they typically take in deciding ii?
Any idea what my chances are here as a California resident?
Non-trad; 3.4 sgpa/3.4cgpa/3.8 postbacc/30 MCAT
Any idea what my chances are here as a California resident?
Non-trad; 3.4 sgpa/3.4cgpa/3.8 postbacc/30 MCAT
It's not really clear if it will help. It didn't help me out at all nor did it for other people, but it's the luck of the draw. I would sit back and just be patientWould giving a call to PCOM-GA do anything? I was completed for secondaries a while ago and haven't gotten a II. I couldn't really get a clear answer from the previous posts from you guys.
I called once and got no help. After hearing someone's # of calls were tracked via caller ID, I'm going to pass on calling again and try to wait patiently lol.
I called once and got no help. After hearing someone's # of calls were tracked via caller ID, I'm going to pass on calling again and try to wait patiently lol.
What did they say when you called
What did they say when you called
"Have you looked at your portal?"
.
Last edited:
Did anyone from the 1st interview day hear back yet
Heard today........ACCEPTED for class of 2015! Hope the news was the same for you.
EDIT: Class of 2019.
They did not accept me based on my physics grades, either.
Last edited:
*Class of 2019Heard today........ACCEPTED for class of 2015! Hope the news was the same for you.
ACCEPTED CLASS OF 2019!!!!!!!!!!!
Heard today........ACCEPTED for class of 2015! Hope the news was the same for you.
Gratz! Haven't been home yet so I'm not sure of my status if it's snail mail. No email today for me though. Was the acceptance via snail mail or email?
Gratz! Haven't been home yet so I'm not sure of my status if it's snail mail. No email today for me though. Was the acceptance via snail mail or email?
It's snail mail
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys, those of you have received II or acceptances, would you mind posting your stats? Thanks!!!
cGPA: 3.15 sGPA: 3.04 MCAT: 35 IS accepted yesterday
Hey guys, those of you have received II or acceptances, would you mind posting your stats? Thanks!!!
3.7/32, accepted yesterday
Accepted today! 3.8/30, masters 4.0
Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to all!
EDIT: Just opened another letter, awarded a 4,000$ scholarship for the first year!
Congrats to everyone accepted and good luck to all!
EDIT: Just opened another letter, awarded a 4,000$ scholarship for the first year!
Last edited:
Similar threads
- Replies
- 130
- Views
- 36K
- Replies
- 181
- Views
- 27K
- Replies
- 437
- Views
- 132K
- Replies
- 178
- Views
- 51K
- Replies
- 129
- Views
- 34K