Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone still waiting for initial response post-interview?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess that means I'm waitlisted :( did your DD letters have dates on them?

It now has a link to pay the deposit. I'm not sure when it changed though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using SDN mobile
Did your DD letter have a date on it by which you hear by?

When did you interview?

Oh and congratz!

Reactions: 1 users
So far 1 waitlist and 1 acceptance off the DD.

Gulp...

My delayed decision said by April 29th. I interviewed in January, received the DD letter shortly after.
My Delayed Decision letter said I would hear by April 29th and I got my Wait List letter today.

Mine said the same... so far no portal update either. I'm guessing I'll be joining you guys on the waitlist soon. Unless they haven't gone over my file yet.

Anyone still waiting for initial response post-interview?

No letter or portal change for me, still waiting post interview. Anyone who was not DD accepted, those who interviewed in March?

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Did your DD letter have a date on it by which you hear by?

When did you interview?

Oh and congratz!

I don't have either of the letters in front of me but I believe the DD letter said that I should hear by late April. I interviewed the first week of March.

Members don't see this ad :)
Waitlisted. It's been a fun ride while it lasted ya'll.

Happy some of you got off of it. Time to find a job lol.

Interviewed on 3/21, waiting for the mailman. Is it safe to say that it's not an acceptance if there is no change to my portal?

Interviewed on 3/21, waiting for the mailman. Is it safe to say that it's not an acceptance if there is no change to my portal?
It seems like the only people accepted so far today were already DD/waitlisted. Maybe they were evaluating those people for acceptance first and the March interviewees later this week. Obviously there is no way I can be sure of this but trying to be optomistic of course. I too interviewed in March and as above, had no letter or portal update today.

Waitlisted as well. Interviewed 2/8, DD in mid-March. Letter said April 29th. Hopefully there will be some movement in the next few weeks!

It seems like the only people accepted so far today were already DD/waitlisted. Maybe they were evaluating those people for acceptance first and the March interviewees later this week. Obviously there is no way I can be sure of this but trying to be optomistic of course. I too interviewed in March and as above, had no letter or portal update today.

Hey, I actually interviewed 3/22 and got DD today so you may be getting a decision soon! My letter didn't have a date, but it did specifically ask me for my grades from my current grad program.

Edit: re-read your post and realized you said most people who got accepted today were already DD/waitlisted, which may be true. But I think they're making their way through March interviewees as well as I mentioned I received a DD today

at work so can't check my mail....not sure what will happen now

I say think positive.....at least that's what I am doing..no portal change here either...

Interview March 1st delayed decision around the 21st. No mail today but I'm in Utah so that may be why. Also no portal change so I'm assuming that means I'm on the waitlist or rejected.

Interview 1/13, delayed decision 2/16 (postmarked 2/12), wait listed 4/25 (postmarked 4/22). I live in Northern VA so only 3 hours away. Many others should be receiving letters soon. Since the committee will be meeting weekly, I'm hoping that the MD multiple acceptance deadline this Friday will allow for more seats to open up as well as wait list drop outs so that we can hear even greater news on 5/9 and 5/10 **fingers crossed and prayer hands**

Interview 1/13, delayed decision 2/16 (postmarked 2/12), wait listed 4/25 (postmarked 4/22). I live in Northern VA so only 3 hours away. Many others should be receiving letters soon. Since the committee will be meeting weekly, I'm hoping that the MD multiple acceptance deadline this Friday will allow for more seats to open up as well as wait list drop outs so that we can hear even greater news on 5/9 and 5/10 **fingers crossed and prayer hands**

Nice! I live in VA Beach so hopefully tomorrow for me

Waitlist, interviewed on 3/21. Does anyone understand the difference between Waitlist & Delayed Decision?

Waitlist, interviewed on 3/21. Does anyone understand the difference between Waitlist & Delayed Decision?

When you are put on the delayed decision list, it means that the committee reviewed you application but they were unable to conclusively make a decision on your application so they leave your application alone for review at a later date.

When you are put on the wait list, it means that the committee reviewed you application and would like to accept you but they don't have a seat available for you just yet.

I hope this helps.

Sorry for sounding dense, but can you explain what other deadlines for MD and DO school's may exist? What's the MD multiple acceptance deadline?

I've been trying to google for other deposit-related dates, but I think I may be grasping at straws. Are there any other dates that might mean wait list movement for us?

Sorry for sounding dense, but can you explain what other deadlines for MD and DO school's may exist? What's the MD multiple acceptance deadline?

I've been trying to google for other deposit-related dates, but I think I may be grasping at straws. Are there any other dates that might mean wait list movement for us?

It's no problem at all! There are no more DO deadlines that will mean movement for us but there is an MD deadline that may be in our favor. So the MD multiple acceptance deadline that I was talking about means that this Friday, April 29, those that hold multiple acceptances, will have to send a deposit to their MD school and drop the other schools they were holding a seat in if they have decided to commit to that MD school. This only applies to students that have at least 1 MD school acceptance. The more students that commit to MD schools and drop PCOM, the more seats that become available for us to claim. I hope this helps.

It's no problem at all! There are no more DO deadlines that will mean movement for us but there is an MD deadline that may be in our favor. So the MD multiple acceptance deadline that I was talking about means that this Friday, April 29, those that hold multiple acceptances, will have to send a deposit to their MD school and drop the other schools they were holding a seat in if they have decided to commit to that MD school. This only applies to students that have at least 1 MD school acceptance. The more students that commit to MD schools and drop PCOM, the more seats that become available for us to claim. I hope this helps.
I heard that the deadline is noon on Monday, May 2. I could be wrong though. Either way it's approaching.

I heard that the deadline is noon on Monday, May 2. I could be wrong though. Either way it's approaching.

You may be right, I just assumed it would be Friday like the DO deadline. Regardless, it is fast approaching and anxiety is starting to build once again

I would assume if they are waitlisting and DD'ing people, those who were DD will probably hear pretty soon given the time in this application cycle. Good luck all!

Still patiently waiting on the mail....

Figures everyone on the DD gets wait listed this year whereas last year everyone got in...

Figures everyone on the DD gets wait listed this year whereas last year everyone got in...

Better waitlist than no list??

But yea it seems that way...maybe move movement in the waitlist this summer.

I say this without any clue what my status is outside of DD.

Well supposedly there were a lot more applicants this year as compared with previous with the new AACOMAS. This was only a statement I believe I read on SDN somewhere but it would make sense.

Well supposedly there were a lot more applicants this year as compared with previous with the new AACOMAS. This was only a statement I believe I read on SDN somewhere but it would make sense.

Makes sense - I remember this is what happened when Pharmacy schools moved to PharmCAS back in the early 2000s. My sister applied during that time.

Yeah I heard the same thing and that would definitely contribute to the larger number of wait listed applicants. I just hope this deadline brings us all acceptances :happy::xf:

Yeah I heard the same thing and that would definitely contribute to the larger number of wait listed applicants. I just hope this deadline brings us all acceptances :happy::xf:
Yes, hopefully! Now just waiting for that random PCOM letter that says "congratulations!"

no letter yet...now I'm get nervous

Previously DD, now waitlisted, and turned in my form this morning. Prayers up for all involved in the same situation. :)

Reactions: 4 users
Looking to apply here next cycle!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 2 users