Philadelphia COM - Philadelphia (PCOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Waitlisted...submitted my form yesterday...I guess we continue to wait

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
May 1st today! I would assume we will start to see some wait list movement over the next two weeks (I hope at least!)! Good luck to all who are currently waiting!

Delayed decision march 22nd and my letter said I would hear by April 29th and still no word... Any one else in the same boat?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
You should contact admissions when you get the chance. I wasn't given a date but I heard back on 4/25

Well they said my letter should be sent by the 29th so I'll give until mid this week. I was just wondering if i was the only one.

Reactions: 1 user
I was given a general delayed decision many months ago. It had no date attached but assured me a decision would be made that gave me plenty of time to plan for the future.

I'm starting to think their definition of plenty of time and mine differ greatly.

any waitlist movement so far?

Nope not yet. The committee meets on Tuesday's and decisions are sent out the following Friday. So, I would stalking the mailman after May 6th.. Although I do it almost everyday

Hi all! interviewed 2/19 an placed on the wait list shortly after. currently a nervous wreck lol

Last year people got acceptances on the 29th via email. Did anyone hear about this happening this year?

Does anyone know for certain what method PCOM uses to contact you if you are accepted off the waitlist? And is it consistent?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know for certain what method PCOM uses to contact you if you are accepted off the waitlist? And is it consistent?
Last year the closer to orientation the more ways they used. Now it is letters, closer to classes they will make phone calls and possible emails. No idea exactly when that starts.

Does anyone know when the white coat ceremony is or when courses start? I can't find the exact dates anywhere online.

Acceptance Withdrawn. Good luck to those on the waitlist!

Reactions: 7 users
So term begins in June for first years??
I believe you should be looking at fall for the first semester. You're looking at summer which I would assume is moreso in regard to the summer AFTER your first and subsequent years.

Sent from my SM-N920V using SDN mobile

Still nothing after my DD letter said my mail would be sent by the 29th. Called today and got nothing but " it's on its way be patient" followed by a swift hang up. Especially concerning because i saw someone in last years thread in the same situation who didn't hear anything until a rejection may 30th. A tad frustrated with PCOM right now.

Hopefully some WL movement after the weekend! Anyone have an idea of how the committee meets to discuss WL acceptances? Weekly? Biweekly? Etc.

Reactions: 2 users
Hopefully some WL movement after the weekend! Anyone have an idea of how the committee meets to discuss WL acceptances? Weekly? Biweekly? Etc.

I read somewhere that they meet weekly to discuss waitlisters, I hope this is true!

Reactions: 2 users
Had to make a tough decision this week. Loved PCOM but realized I belong at another school. Withdrew my acceptance this morning, good luck to everyone.

Reactions: 8 users
So do delayed decision people get priority over wait-list spots? How long can someone go delayed decision before they at the least get wait-listed?

Once you submit your forms/deposit, how long until you receive more information?

the only thing that has changed on my portal is that the Wait List form was added to my list of documents..and they received it on 3/24/16

So do delayed decision people get priority over wait-list spots? How long can someone go delayed decision before they at the least get wait-listed?

Because there are no more interviews left, I believe most of the applicants that were delayed will be waitlisted. And the amount of time between DD and waitlisted isn't really known, because the waitlist just came out 2 weeks ago and before that I had been delayed for 2 months. It's probably based on when you interviewed

Didn't receive snail mail saying I was waitlisted but just received a waitlist update via email.

Got the waitlist update on my portal... and the email correspondence regarding waitlisting. This is going to be a long wait ladies and gentlemen.

Got the waitlist update on my portal... and the email correspondence regarding waitlisting. This is going to be a long wait ladies and gentlemen.
Wouldn't be as long a wait if those holding multiple acceptances would make up their minds and withdraw from places they know they are not going to attend

Wouldn't be as long a wait if those holding multiple acceptances would make up their minds and withdraw from places they know they are not going to attend
So true. Praying for everyone of us on the waitlist who wants to go here to get acceptance letters soon! :)

Reactions: 3 users
Random question- Does anyone plan on applying to PCOMs masters in biomedical sciences post bacc program for this upcoming year? Im kind of wondering if applying to it will have any affect of getting taken off the waitlist or not

Random question- Does anyone plan on applying to PCOMs masters in biomedical sciences post bacc program for this upcoming year? Im kind of wondering if applying to it will have any affect of getting taken off the waitlist or not

A guy I interviewed with at PCOM did the biomedical sciences the year before. I later found out he was accepted so it's possible that it would help

I've been pretty MIA on SDN lately, but i'm a second year at PCOM. If you guys have any questions, i'll do my best to answer them via PM. Good luck.

Hi, what are the chances for a reapplicant? do they usually remember names and faces?

Hey all! Interviewing on Dec. 11th. I am an out of state applicant. This is my top choice school and has been since I decided to go osteopathic. Any advice/info about the interview?!

Anything would be greatly appreciated. I'm just excited for the opportunity to interview :)

Hi, if you dont mind sharing, what were your stats?

Got a letter informing me I was accepted into PCOM. Made that tuition deposit ASAP. Hello summer!

:soexcited:

Hopefully the rest of ya get off the wait-list soon!

Reactions: 9 users
do you know what the average MCAT and GPA were for the 2020 class?
or what your stats are , if you dont mind sharing!

Oh well the average MCAT is 28 and sGPA is 3.37. Sorry, I didn't mean that I got in yet, I was just referring to the waitlist decision.

Portal changed but still no letter. I'm not celebrating until I have that letter in my hands haha

ACCEPTED TO PCOM!!! :soexcited:

My letter was sent on Thursday, May 12 and it arrived either on Friday or Saturday but I didn't see it and open it till Sunday. I did notice a portal change on Saturday that gave me a hint as to what was coming.

I wish you waitlisters lots of luck and that you get accepted soon! :)

Reactions: 6 users
Seems anyone accepted from the waitlist thus far was a prior DD?

Did your portal change to something that just says "personal information" "student services" and "financial aid checklist"?

No, it was the exact same portal info but right after the "Thank you for your interest in PCOM!..." but right before the application summary, it says "click here to proceed to payment" which leads you to the payment site.