Philosophy major. Messed up big time, what are my chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Altaboy

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi there!. I'm a student at UCF with a goal of now pursuing a D.O because i believe an M.D would be unrealistic at this point.
Here's my statistics.
I'm a philosophy major with a biology minor.
Statistics:

Philosophy major : 35 credit hours left
Biology minor : 17 credit hours left

I started Summer of 2015

Summer 2015
GENERAL ANTHROPOLOGY B
PRINCIPLES OF MACROECONOMICS B
Fall 2015
CHEMISTRY FUNDAMENTALS I C
HUMANISTIC TRADITION I B
INTRODUCTION TO PHILOSOPHY B-
FUNDAMENTALS ORAL COM A
Spring 2016
BIOLOGY I C
CHEMISTRY FUNDAMENTALS II C
ENC COMPOSITION II C+
HUMANISTIC TRADITION II C+
Summer 2016
Human Anatomy B
Fall 2016
ORGANIC CHEMISTRY I W ( Withdrew )

SCOLLEGE TRIGONOMETRY B
PRE-CALCULUS ALGEBRA A
CRITICAL THINKING A
RESEARCH METHODS IN PHILOSOPHY B
Spring 2017
Genetics F
American Philosophy B
Formal Logic II B
Organic Chemistry W ( Withdrew )
Summer 2017
Organic Chemistry F
Genetics C
Fall
BIOLOGY II D+
MODERN WESTERN PHILOSOPHY A
PHILOSOPHY OF LANGUAGE B
ETHICS AND BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE A-

I've lurked around these forums for the past year but have never decided to post until now. I'm 20 years old currently about to turn 21. I'm not here to make excuses as these grades were all my fault. I was in a volatile relationship with a lot of personal family problems that i couldn't handle and it clearly is reflected in my grades.
I would like to realistically improve my g.p.a to a 3.2 minimum. I know my science G.P.A is way down to drain and i'm looking to improve that these upcoming semesters. I've moved back home with my family and am prioritizing my education first and foremost.
What is my best course of options here. i have 35 + 17 + ( Physics ) credits left before i graduate and have my prerequisites for medical school out of the way

I'm considering M.D carribean schools / Military M.D or D.O general
I'm currently considering LECOM as a potential D.O school or Nova Southeastern. If you guys are knowledgeable in any new D.O schools that would be helpful.

Cumulative G.P.A 2.724
Science 1.67

Members don't see this ad.

When i see these grades I see someone who won't be able to handle the academic rigors of medical school. You have a long way to go to proving to MD or DO schools that you can. I can't recommend Carribean because your application smacks of one that will get cut after first year with 60K more of debt. Give me a senior year of A's then a post-bacc year of A's in science courses and you could try then.

You need straight A's for the remaining 52 credits and a solid MCAT. GPA shows schools you can handle workload overtime and is a bigger application killer than an not-so-good MCAT. Do not go to carribean. DO is so much better for residency purposes. Also schools look at trends so kill the these last credits.