Phlebotomy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

PittMedicine said:
Where oh where can I get info on a phlebotomy course?

uhhh, where you at? in chicago, you can do the course at the local community college (malcolm x).
 
I took one at a local technical high school in their adult ed night classes. you spend most of the time watching videos about hepetitis.

I did mine at the north shore tech high school north of Boston.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
In Southern California it seems to be pretty hard to find. There's one at UCLA/Daniel Freeman for around $1k, and another at Cedars-Sinai for $700 (figures are from memory). I get the impression that in California phlebotomy is a little too hard to get into for it to be worthwhile to a premed.
 
I finished my phlebotomy course at U.S. Colleges of Riverside - Phlebotomy Program in California.