Nov 20, 2010
Status
Next semester is my last before graduation. I couldn't fit PChem I in this semester, so had the teacher write me into PChem II for the Spring because first half isn't offered then (he didn't hesitate to write me in). I just need one PChem class to graduate and am worried that I might struggle because I haven't taken the first half. Will this affect my chances of doing well? Also, I will be taking CALC II concurrently with PCHEM, so I am very worried. Is this not a good idea? I really need to graduate next semester, due to personal things putting me in a tight position.

Apr 10, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
Definitely would have been doable at my college. I took pchem las year, and I didn't see much of a connection between the two semesters. However, talk to your teacher because I'm sure every school is a little different. Hope this helps. Good luck!!

7 Iron

5+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2010
Status
Dentist
At my college, p.chem 1 covered thermodynamics, and p.chem 2 covered quantum mechanics. They were completely separate, and the chemistry department let us take whichever one we wanted to fulfill our p.chem requirements. I wouldn't worry about it. It should be ok to take p.chem 2 instead of p.chem 1 if your courses are structured like mine were.

Sep 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Dental
same here. I took Pchem II before Pchem I and the topics covered were completely different. If your professor signed off on it, I highly doubt you will have an issue.

Jul 31, 2010
Philadelphia
Status
Dental Student
PChem I in my school covers thermodynamics, and PChem II covers quantum mechanics.
Chem. Engineering people take a regular thermodynamics class instead of PChem I, but they take PChem II for the quantum mechanics.

They are completely different materials, you should be fine.