physics course prereq

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aspiring20

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i took physics I at my alma mater, but physics II at another university during the summer. both are full semester physics courses, but of course, they have different names. my alma mater calls its intro physics courses "general physics", while the other school calls the same sequence "elementary physics".

at my alma mater, it is Physics 1: General Physics I and Physics 2: General Physics II
at the other school, it is Physics 211: Elementary Physics and Physics 212: Elementary Physics.

exact same level/non-calc-based/same materials between the two schools, but I took Physics 1 and Physics 212 for my year of physics prereq.

DO schools wont have a problem with this, right?

Members don't see this ad.

i took physics I at my alma mater, but physics II at another university during the summer. both are full semester physics courses, but of course, they have different names. my alma mater calls its intro physics courses "general physics", while the other school calls the same sequence "elementary physics".

at my alma mater, it is Physics 1: General Physics I and Physics 2: General Physics II
at the other school, it is Physics 211: Elementary Physics and Physics 212: Elementary Physics.

exact same level/non-calc-based/same materials between the two schools, but I took Physics 1 and Physics 212 for my year of physics prereq.

DO schools wont have a problem with this, right?

Nope, you're all set! :thumbup: I had the exact same situation with organic chemistry, and there were no issues at all. Med schools are aware that course names differ across colleges/universities. Just classify both of these courses as "Physics" when you enter them into your AACOMAS application.