Physics during summer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PremedNoob

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Was wondering if this is a good idea or not? And regarding dental schools, will they look down upon this? The main reason why I am thinking of taking it during summer is because I am a little behind because of retaking a couple classes from freshman year. I also know it must be very demanding since it is 5 credit hours per summer session. Any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

Was wondering if this is a good idea or not? And regarding dental schools, will they look down upon this? The main reason why I am thinking of taking it during summer is because I am a little behind because of retaking a couple classes from freshman year. I also know it must be very demanding since it is 5 credit hours per summer session. Any advice?

I do not think they care when you take it. I took classes all year round and summer was one of the sessions. They care about how you did in class and how many other classes you had each semester. When you took it is rather a detail I doubt they will put under magnifier.

BTW!
why are you posting in Pre-dent forum?

And the answer to your question will be the same if you are pre-med as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dude, taking physics in the summer was the best thing I did in undergrad. Not once was it mentioned negatively in my undergrad. As a matter of fact, I was complimented once about acing both sections. At our school, each semester was four weeks. My schedule was seriously like this: Monday-Thursday, I would study from 9AM-12:30, go to class from 1-3PM, then study more from 4-8PM. On Friday's I'd study from 9AM-12:30, then we'd have an exam during class. It was awesome because I got every weekend off. We also had quizzes in class every day. Physics is such a complicated subject that when you have the ability to focus on it alone, it is alot easier to do much better. Also, before you know it the class is over. I 100% reccommend taking it during the summer!

I agree with the above. I took organic chemistry over the summer and it was the same deal almost. 8am-2:00pm (sometimes got out earlier) with a lunch break. It was Monday-Friday and from June to the first week in August and I completed Ochem 1 and 2 along with labs. You are so immersed in the subject that it is easy to study since you just went over it in class. You will probably do better in it than if you took it during the semester. Schools may applaud your dedication to your studies since you are sacrificing your entire summer to complete your pre-reqs on time. Although it may seem like it is awful to spend your summer like that, I didn't mind it at all. Not to mention, I left my house at 6:15 am every morning because I lived at home and commuted to class. Plan exciting things to do with friends and family on weekends and try to do most studying during the week, you will still have a great summer!!

took physics 2 in the summer
best thing i ever did

esp bec u dnt need physics for the DATs