Physics for life science majors or General physics pre-req

Started by FunDPT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FunDPT

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone! I am planning out my Spring 2020 classes and am deciding between Physics for life science majors or General physics pre-req. The first one is an algebra-based physics class and the second is calculus based. It seems like some schools take algebra based physics but a lot of schools list General Physics I & II on their website. Which physics class are you guys taking and any advice on this? Thanks!
 
I took the pre-calc based one because two semesters of algebra based don't exist where I live. I wish it did, but if yours does, take the algebra one. No need to needlessly complicate everything.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took the pre-calc based one because two semesters of algebra based don't exist where I live. I wish it did, but if yours does, take the algebra one. No need to needlessly complicate everything.
I agree, but I am afraid that a lot more schools require General physics over algebra based physics
 
I took Phys for life sciences, but it was not worth it. Take General; it should be easier, less units, probably less work. I did not see schools that require lifer science physics, that's more for med school people.