Physics for pre-dentals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TSYK

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am an undergrad at University of Michigan and want to apply to dental school this upcoming cycle. I took all pre-req classes at the university but took physics 2 in South Korea during the summer. Will I have to take physics 2 again at a U.S. university or is it fine?
Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Possibly, but I would call the schools you intend on applying to just to double check.

Reactions: 1 users
Why not eliminate all of the ifs, buts, and take physics 2 at a US institution?

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, I am an undergrad at University of Michigan and want to apply to dental school this upcoming cycle. I took all pre-req classes at the university but took physics 2 in South Korea during the summer. Will I have to take physics 2 again at a U.S. university or is it fine?
Thank you in advance.
I agree with doc. Just take it again and circumvent any potential hindrances that might have resulted otherwise. Also, since you've already taken the course, it will likely be a review of the material so you should be fine.

I agree with all of the above.

Take Physics 235 if you decide to do Physics 2 at umich. It's still a "weeder" class, but it's not terrible if you keep up with the information. Just don't fall behind - the curve will kill you. Like all pre-health courses at UM, you have serious competition. Keep in mind we have one of the 3 largest bodies of premed students (825 applying in '14, outnumbered only by UCLA with 919). That's not even including predent, prepharm, or premed students who didn't apply. I'm sharing the numbers to motivate you to stay on top of your game.

The physics help room is a superb resource to use at umich that I highly recommend utilizing. It's at 1416 Randall. Helped me a ton! Also, utilize the online exam problem generator. Basically, use the resources you are given. Just don't follow the typical "read the slides bro" advice, because that doesn't cut it.

Hope that helps! Anyone reading: feel free to PM if you are at UM needing guidance.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile