Physics Lab Requirement????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mofo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi. I have already been accepted to the school I want to go to (UOP), but I am wondering if it is really necessary to take the third and final quarter of physics lab. I have alreadyt aken the first two quarters of it, and would rather take something else instead of the third quarter. Anybody know anything about this?? I'm planning on checking with the school when they are back from break, but I was just checking to see if anybody had any input? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I only took one quarter of organic lab out of two quarters. No school had a problem with it. However, it would be to your advantage to make sure, unless they really emphasize you take it.

DesiDentist

To be safe you should make sure that you take a year of the requirements, only a portion of which should be the lab.

For example, one year of Organic Chemistry at my school is 8 hours. I've already taken 8 hours of it, but that does not include any lab hours. Most students typically take the 2 hour lab, but I'll only take the one hour lab, which will fulfill the requirement.

Same thing goes for physics, etc.

Of course, most schools can be talked out of the requirements if you are sly. Good luck.