Physics prof does nothing like MCAT. What to do?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aker321

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My physics professor is absolutely dreadfully horrible in many ways, but now that I've started studying for the MCAT I've realized how much it matters that his teaching style is so arcane and terrible.

I've started working with the EK workbooks and generally I find them useful. I'm a 4.0 student and I generally do well on standardized tests, so I don't want to spend more energy/time/money on MCAT prep than maybe an hour or two a day (on average).

As I work through the first few chapters of EK Physics, I'm figuring out that it's based on a way of solving problems that my professor just does not use. I don't need conceptual help, but I need to learn how the MCAT presents information and how to problem-solve from it in the most efficient way. Any advice for resources? I don't think EK is going to be quite right for me in this subject, and I am really hesitant to spend the $60 on TBR...though if that's the best solution, so be it. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

My physics professor is absolutely dreadfully horrible in many ways, but now that I've started studying for the MCAT I've realized how much it matters that his teaching style is so arcane and terrible.

I've started working with the EK workbooks and generally I find them useful. I'm a 4.0 student and I generally do well on standardized tests, so I don't want to spend more energy/time/money on MCAT prep than maybe an hour or two a day (on average).

As I work through the first few chapters of EK Physics, I'm figuring out that it's based on a way of solving problems that my professor just does not use. I don't need conceptual help, but I need to learn how the MCAT presents information and how to problem-solve from it in the most efficient way. Any advice for resources? I don't think EK is going to be quite right for me in this subject, and I am really hesitant to spend the $60 on TBR...though if that's the best solution, so be it. Thoughts?

I had a similar experience with my physics class. TBR is helping me tremendously. Just wait until you catch someone selling them on the classifieds here, ebay, or amazon. I got mine for 20 bucks on amazon. Just gotta wait for someone to sell