-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Pictures of the Week
Started by Epidural
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Good thing the patient did not require ketamine in the prone position!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Good thing the patient did not require ketamine in the prone position!
Well, duh. You save the ketamine for the bradycardia and the proning to increase oxygenation during the ensuing CPR.


Long standing patient. FBSS since 1975. 5 rounds of lung cancer. Last round took her away as a patient in December. MSContin 30- 60 tid than would change to Fentanyl 50-100 for a few months a year. MSIR/Dilaudid/Oxy for breakthrough, rotating every 6 mo. Begged for years to have her old Medtronic unit, offered her $100 and free removal in office. It was placed in 1979, lasted under 6 mo, never really helped. Family dropped it off today, the funeral home took it for me. She made sure in her will. Sweet lady. Nice person.
Here is a pic of it implanted:

quick f/u.
All my patients get a quick f/u, but only after they leave and never to their face. I find the f/u to the face doesn't work well.
Ahh, the reach around f/u.All my patients get a quick f/u, but only after they leave and never to their face. I find the f/u to the face doesn't work well.
Horrible neck, great RFA outcome. remote major trauma w c1-2 fx, paralysis, emergency surgery, recovered most neuro function aside from minor balance deficits. Severe refractory unilateral neck pain. Now 95% better, off all meds, after RFA.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Last edited:
Horrible neck, great RFA outcome. remote major trauma w c1-2 fx, paralysis, emergency surgery, recovered most neuro function aside from minor balance deficits. Severe refractory unilateral neck pain. Now 95% better, off all meds, after RFA.
View attachment 214279
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Nice win. Which levels did you end up doing? How far out from RF/how long did it last?
Last edited by a moderator:
Nice win. Which levels did you end up doing? How far out from RF/how long did it last?
Initial block right c34, 45, 56. Had 80% overall relief and complete relief of upper/mid neck pain, but some persistent pain lower neck. I had never done 4 levels before but was willing to make this my first case (especially as unilateral- ie not as concerned about head drop). Added c67 on repeat block. Had compete relief of pain. Therefore did RFA at 4 levels. Now 2 months out.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app
Last edited:
Aseptic loosening vs chronic infection. Assuming it's painful, needs a revision.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Aseptic loosening vs chronic infection. Assuming it's painful, needs a revision.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Aseptic loosening vs chronic infection. Assuming it's painful, needs a revision.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
OK, sucker punch. 5 revisions. Now in chrono order. I offered to sawzall the leg off AKA style.
7-7-11

6-30-14

11-6-15

3-1-17

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Look at all that bone loss and now he's lost his ligaments so he's got a constrained prosthesis. Same surgeon? Would love to see what the original X-rays looked like before he got his first surgery...this folks is what happens when joint surgery goes bad.
Look at all that bone loss and now he's lost his ligaments so he's got a constrained prosthesis. Same surgeon? Would love to see what the original X-rays looked like before he got his first surgery...this folks is what happens when joint surgery goes bad.
Joint surgery never goes bad. It must be crps. At least that's what orthos in my area say
Joint surgery never goes bad. It must be crps. At least that's what orthos in my area say
Lolol same. Get the most ridiculous crps consults. Any advice on how to avoid these? Worth educating ortho or waste of time? Got a crps referral from primary after a car accident, bc lady had some joint swelling and mild redness on her joints, I diagnosed her with RA. Ridiculous.
37 yo male, runs half marathons, 4 years of foot numbness, sounded like chronic right S1 radic. MRI spine normal, except "incidental" tarlov cyst at S2. I did a S1 TFESI, no benefit.
"I can push right here" (mid-hamstrings) and reproduce symptoms in the foot on eval after injection. We decided to go "fishing" and did MRI of the thigh w/ and w/o contrast.
2.3 cm lesion, perineural, thought to be schwannoma, sent to neurosurg to evaluate.
First time in my career seeing the very rare Ferret Kidney. I can't tell but I think this one is giving the radiologist a smirk.
I'm printing that out and hanging in my office.First time in my career seeing the very rare Ferret Kidney. I can't tell but I think this one is giving the radiologist a smirk.
View attachment 218350
Once you see it, it can't (won't) be unseen.First time in my career seeing the very rare Ferret Kidney. I can't tell but I think this one is giving the radiologist a smirk.
View attachment 218350
A touch of MS
Is this what I think it is? Why is it hooked up to a paddle?
Last edited:
wow, that thing is a dinosaur. lost i saw that relic was in fellowship - a decade ago
I have one in my office as we speak.
it sits next to the cryoablation "machine".
it sits next to the cryoablation "machine".
Photobucket changes terms of service and destroys links unless you pay them $399 per year. And they are going to go out of business. Plus, they suck. Lots of popups and videos that autoplay. So now, I am changing to imgur for hosting. Oh, the thing in the picture. It fell off a guys back with an 11 blade. Too close to my injection site.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I wound up doing T3-8 ICNB, will RF when pain returns.
T9 yes.
T12 no.
Largest facets this side of the mighty Mississip?
L3 TFESI. Just on way in to foramen and turned past lamina. Shot this spot film before 6 o'clock under pedicle.
Contrast rapidly dispersed in a tube like structure across the midline. I removed needle and took different angle.
Here is lateral, but I did advance 2-3mm before getting spot above.
Contrast rapidly dispersed in a tube like structure across the midline. I removed needle and took different angle.
Here is lateral, but I did advance 2-3mm before getting spot above.
It was vascular. Flash and gone. Hard to get on spot film, put 1cc contrast in slow to make sure I got it.
![]()
![]()
I wound up doing T3-8 ICNB, will RF when pain returns.
What's going on here?
Tumor? mets to ribs and fracture?
What's going on here?
Tumor? mets to ribs and fracture?
Osteosarcoma of distal femur s/p resection, mets to lung/ribs s/p resection. It makes Xrays look like crap. I thought it was her bowel s/p prep through a hernia. But some cancers go black on C-arm.
Normal MRI 2011. Zoster neck to ear at that time. New MRI this month. CRPS symptoms right arm only.
![]()
Normal MRI 2011. Zoster neck to ear at that time. New MRI this month. CRPS symptoms right arm only.
what?
arm?
? MS ?
Also, why is there a baby bird right below the cerebellum?
? MS ?
Also, why is there a baby bird right below the cerebellum?
Started after zoster in 2011. Will get brain and T-spine completed to rule out MS via Neurology.
Nevro?
Started after zoster in 2011. Will get brain and T-spine completed to rule out MS via Neurology.
Nevro?
Interesting case - Zoster myelitis. Primarily DCML. Yes, MS needs to be ruled out. Also, would check B12 level.
Nevro -- wonder where the cervical 'sweet spot' is?
Let us know how the trial goes.
Spoke with Neurology. No MRI change since 2014. Not MS.Interesting case - Zoster myelitis. Primarily DCML. Yes, MS needs to be ruled out. Also, would check B12 level.
Nevro -- wonder where the cervical 'sweet spot' is?
Let us know how the trial goes.
If successful will post results and lead location as well as programming notes. Well defined lesion makes gathering data easier.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what are the patient's symptoms? NMO?
CRPS like right arm. But had Ramsay Hunt in right ear 8 years ago at onset.
She thought I was a Psychiatrist.
I actually walked out of exam room while she was still talking. Nurses said she was still talking when they went in.
Meds included Adderal, Klonopin, Oxy
terrifying. like the notebook in the movie "seven"
so what'd u do for her? lol
Similar threads
- Replies
- 29
- Views
- 1K
- Replies
- 33
- Views
- 2K
- Replies
- 30
- Views
- 5K



