PIL/IFM Help for MCP; Housing also!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dukee

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. I just found out that I got in off the waitlist. Are any accepted students going to pil or ifm? What are you doing for housing? I have not received anything yet, but just wondering about financial aid and stuff. Anyway, any help will be appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey dukee,

Congratulations on your acceptance! I too will be attending MCPHU (Drexel), and it seems that I may be a bit ahead of you in the process. I do not know where my wife and I will call home, but here is the web address for housing:
<a href="http://www.mcphu.edu/medschool/housing" target="_blank">MCPHU online housing list</a>
Also, there is an incoming student website at:
<a href="http://webcampus.med.mcphu.edu/osa/orientation/default.html" target="_blank">MCPHU Incoming Student Website</a>
One more thing, if you are interested in the roomate list, you can call (215)991-8202. I Hope this helps some, and feel free to PM me if you have any other questions (probable) that I might be able to answer (less probable :wink: ). Again, congratulations!

Frost

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by dukee:
•Hey guys. I just found out that I got in off the waitlist. Are any accepted students going to pil or ifm? What are you doing for housing? I have not received anything yet, but just wondering about financial aid and stuff. Anyway, any help will be appreciated!•••••DUKEE!
Congrats on getting off the MCP waitlist! Are you happy abou it? Does this resolve some of the issues you were worried about, or would only getting into Penn State help? I'm glad you've gotten in.

hey thanks guys! and frost, thanks! I am looked on the student web page? Do you know any intramural opportunities for soccer?

J,

Getting in solves my problem of what I am going to do with my life! But my dad....I do not know if I can leave? Any advice?

Dukee,

I wish I could offer you "sound advice," but I don't think any exists that is one-size-fits-all. It really depends on what you want, what your dad wants, how your family supports each other etc. I think it probably would be most helpful if you were able to talk with some other young people who were in your position -- find out what they did, what they are glad they did, what they wished they had done, etc. Is there a "social work" or similar department in the hospital where your dad is treated that could help you find contacts of people who were faced with similar situations? I wonder if there is some sort of internet support group for young people who have sick parents...Maybe even you could post in the allopathic forum and see if anyone already in med school has had to make the kinds of decisions that you are faced with. Congrats that this piece (that you have been accepted) is something you can have certainty about. Good luck, and I'm thinking of you and your family.

dukee -

if you are indeed a soccer player, you MUST come to MCPHU. if there isn't an intramural team already, you and i will form one. we will become a force to be reckoned with among med school soccer teams.

okay ssd, I can deal with that. I just have to figure out housing, financial aid, where am I going to live and who with!

i am flying out tomorrow from l.a. for the financial aid meeting (wednesday) and to hopefully find a house for myself, my girlfriend, and my 2 dogs. if i have to sign a lease, i will effectively be shutting the door at ucsd, and committing myself to mcphu for the fall.

Hey you guys I did the Post-bac at MCP and will be in the class of 2006(your classmate). We do have a soccer team and we play all of the other med schools in the area. Hope to see you on the pitch...if not in the classroom first.

so now we are up to 3...all we need is 8 more and we're set...