PIP for inpatient psychiatrist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

michaelrack

All In at the wrong time
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I will need to recertify in psychiatry next year. I am also recertifying in sleep medicine through the American Board of internal medicine (just need to take the test for this one)

I have met most of the requirements for psychiatry recert except for taking the test and PIP. Most of the psych I do is inpatient, although I do perform some minimal psych as part of my outpatient sleep practice.
I would like to do a PIP that is relevant/practical to inpatient psychiatry.
I already have access to this depression PIP: http://www.masterpsych.com/cmetogo/ ... but it seems more outpatient oriented.
Anyone have any experience with the APA schiz PIP: http://education.psychiatry.org/Users/ProductDetails.aspx?Activityid=672&ProductID=672 ???

I don't need any CME, just credit for PIP. And paying $399 for the APA PIP won't be a problem for me.

Any other recs would also be appreciated.
 
I will need to recertify in psychiatry next year. I am also recertifying in sleep medicine through the American Board of internal medicine (just need to take the test for this one)

I have met most of the requirements for psychiatry recert except for taking the test and PIP. Most of the psych I do is inpatient, although I do perform some minimal psych as part of my outpatient sleep practice.
I would like to do a PIP that is relevant/practical to inpatient psychiatry.
I already have access to this depression PIP: http://www.masterpsych.com/cmetogo/ ... but it seems more outpatient oriented.
Anyone have any experience with the APA schiz PIP: http://education.psychiatry.org/Users/ProductDetails.aspx?Activityid=672&ProductID=672 ???

I don't need any CME, just credit for PIP. And paying $399 for the APA PIP won't be a problem for me.

Any other recs would also be appreciated.
AAAP has smoking cessation & alcohol screening PIPs: http://www.cvent.com/events/aaap-pips/event-summary-9f3d326cf2a94af49153a1834832534e.aspx
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just completed part A of the APA schizophrenia PIP - part A is the evaluation of your current practice.
Now I just have to wait 30 days to do part C (chart review to see if I have improved). In the mean time I am working on part B- improvement plan.
seems pretty simple