Pittsburgh second round of acceptances??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dentalbbboy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone yet?

Members don't see this ad.

I think they'd start to be coming out any day now. Have you checked Predents? I'll ask Rose at school t/m.

Update: Predents has one post-December acceptance so far, so that may mean they gave a few out last week. I heard back 2 weeks after my February interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
someone who interviewed on the 11th says that he/she was accepted on the 14th (according to predents). since today was a holiday, we'll hopefully start to hear some news tomorrow..

Last edited:
Yeah, normally they hold the Adcom on Friday's, so I'm not too sure if that one is accurate, but I'd definitely be on the lookout for a call from Rose this week or next week if you interviewed last week.

Yeah, normally they hold the Adcom on Friday's, so I'm not too sure if that one is accurate, but I'd definitely be on the lookout for a call from Rose this week or next week if you interviewed last week.

Vicviper,

i was wondering for those who are not offered with the admissions, do they get rejection right away or are waitlisted until the class is full?

Vicviper,

i was wondering for those who are not offered with the admissions, do they get rejection right away or are waitlisted until the class is full?

If I remember what Rose told me correctly, qualified people aren't rejected right away, and that probably wouldn't happen until the Spring. If you interviewed and you're competitive, you can still have a shot, although likely a smaller one.

I had an interview last week. Hope they're not done handing out acceptances. Pittsburgh is my top choice.

I had my interview on Jan 11th, and I know the turnover time is pretty quick. I JUST got my academic update onto AADSAS (where my GPA has jumped SIGNIFICANTLY). Do you guys think they have deliberated over everyone from the 11th by now? Is it too little too late?

It also seems that there was a batch of students that interviewed on Dec. 7th. (though alot of people withdrew from that date apparently). Is it plausible to think that the adcom got thru ALL of the Jan 4th and Jan. 11th interviewees this past Friday? Vic, what do you think?

It also seems that there was a batch of students that interviewed on Dec. 7th. (though alot of people withdrew from that date apparently). Is it plausible to think that the adcom got thru ALL of the Jan 4th and Jan. 11th interviewees this past Friday? Vic, what do you think?

I don't think there was an interview on the 4th? Current students have told me that they only have two interview sessions in the month of January (11th and 25th).

I saw someone in the predents who had an interview on jan 1. Think that person made a mistake with the date?.....Has anyone received offer yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
nothing yet.. hopefully we'll hear something before the weekend comes!

I bet that no acceptances will be given out until after the Jan 25th interviews are held and decided on.

It only makes sense since everyone on the 11th and 25th got an invite at the same time. It would not be fair to give people on the 11th preference over seats.

So in my opinion, you will need to wait at least another week. I could be wrong, but thats just what I assumed when I got the invite.

If this is the case, I guess they will deliberate on everyone next Friday? And it looks like the predent who said they got in on the 14th might not be accurate....

I think that the deadline for people to accept 'acceptance' given after the first round of interviews was on the 15th. So this PreDents person may have just decided to accept and put in the deposit on the 14th. From what i have heard, the committee hasn't met yet, they may meet tomorrow if they do indeed meet on fridays.

As for waiting until the 25th interviews, I believe they will not wait since it is rolling admissions. I think they would review the 1/11 interviews and send out a number of acceptances. That is what I believe.

Anyone else have any thoughts?

Just got a reply from Dr. Etzel and he had said that the admission committee has not met since the interview (11th) so no decision has been made at this time.

So I guess the 14th acceptance on predent is probably right with what H Potter DMD had previously said :)

My pitt status went from "Invited for Interview" to "Recieved/under review" did anybody elses??? I was in for an interview on Jan 11th

I did too. The Adcom is probably meeting now

same here. if you look at other previous pittsburgh posts, it goes from "interview" to "review" b/c your application is once again going through a thorough review by the admission committee. for those who will get accepted will probably get a call from rose sometime early next week.

Does anyone have any updates since the status' changed last Friday?
People who interviewed today, did Rose say when you'd hear anything?

Does anyone have any updates since the status' changed last Friday?
People who interviewed today, did Rose say when you'd hear anything?

No,, hopely we will hear from them by this week. if adcom met last week, they probably have decisions for people who interviewed jan 11.

Good luck everyone...I interview on the 8th, and am pretty pumped to check the school out! Hope to see some of you around campus!

I just checked the predents.com and found out that someone who had an interview on Jan, 11 got accepted on jan 21....did anyone hear anything?

I saw that too. If the adcom met last Friday, I'm not sure how accurate that is (according to Dr. Etzel's response). What does everyone else think?

I think it's BS! They wouldn't know yet. Message this person on predents and get the truth.

anyone heard from pitt yet??

if not, i guess adcomm didnt meet last friday

Have those who interviewed on Dec. 7th been notified?

Dr. Etzel didn't say anything about when the meeting will be held. He only said that the committee has not met at the time. I guess they haven't since no one heard back..? or maybe we're all just waitlisted...??? I thought they would have since it went to "under-review".. hopefully we will all hear something back from the school. let's keep each other updated!

I interviewed at Pitt on Monday, and Rose told us that there had been 3 (I think she said 3) interviews before ours and that the adcoms haven't met yet and that she didn't know when they'd meet.

This thread is in desperate need of vicviper knowledge.....help!! I thought rose said at the 1/11 interview the adcoms meet every two weeks on fridays, but I don't think that was the case. We may have to wait till this friday or early next week for any phone calls.

Maybe they want to wait til the last interview in Feb. and then review all of those interviewed post-Dec. I don't know..

Maybe they want to wait til the last interview in Feb. and then review all of those interviewed post-Dec. I don't know..

Is there an interview date in Feb too now? I thought the 3 dates were Jan 11/25/26?

Spoke to Rose and she said that the adcom has not met as yet for all jan 11 interviews and on. She asid they might be waiting until the feb 8th but she hopes not.

Now that I think about it, current pitt students that I know who have heard within 2 weeks (post-interview) interviewed in February last year.. so I'm guessing January interviewees would have to wait until then? Just like Rose said, HOPE NOT.. thought it was based on rollling admission :(

Now that I think about it, current pitt students that I know who have heard within 2 weeks (post-interview) interviewed in February last year.. so I'm guessing January interviewees would have to wait until then? Just like Rose said, HOPE NOT.. thought it was based on rollling admission :(

That makes sense..

It will most likely be after the last interview in Feb..

Is there an interview date in Feb too now? I thought the 3 dates were Jan 11/25/26?

so was Jan 26 an interview date or not? otherwise, Pitt has FOUR interview dates in 2010....

so do you guys think we have wait till the first week of feb? or after feb.8?,

so do you guys think we have wait till the first week of feb? or after feb.8?,

i think after feb.8th.. they probably will be holding the adcom meeting on the friday of that week which is 12th.. plus the following monday is a holiday.. so probably/possibly after president's day weekend.........

Last edited:
someone just posted on official u pitt acceptance thread that his/her aadsas status changed to offer made. anyone??

I am not sure about this one. The student claims her stats are 18/17/17, with a 3.5. She also claimed that she received a SCHOLARSHIP. She said that she was notified the SAME DAY of the interview (which was this past Monday). Does this sound right, or a little fishy? (No offense to the poster BTW).

that doesn't seem correct. I don't believe they would find out on the same day. I also do not think that they have given out any acceptances for any of the interviews in January.

Hey folks, sorry for the lack of updates, it's been a uber-hellish week with Gross Anatomy, they call it Gross for a reason, haha. I'll try to talk to Rose t/m and get some updates/clarifications. And, I have heard of some students getting same day acceptance, so it apparently does seem possible.