place to study in philly / s. jersey over the holidays?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

banannie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm heading home to the south jersey / philadelphia area for the holidays. Since I'm taking Step 1 in mid-February, I want to get a few days of studying in while I'm at home, but I know that I will not be able to get any work done at my mom's house. Are most university libraries closed the week between Christmas and New Year's? Any other good, reliable places to study you all can recommend, especially places that won't care if you sit down for a few hours at a time?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I think UMDNJ-SOM will be open, might want to check the library website or call them for holiday hours.

-J

banannie said:
I'm heading home to the south jersey / philadelphia area for the holidays. Since I'm taking Step 1 in mid-February, I want to get a few days of studying in while I'm at home, but I know that I will not be able to get any work done at my mom's house. Are most university libraries closed the week between Christmas and New Year's? Any other good, reliable places to study you all can recommend, especially places that won't care if you sit down for a few hours at a time?

Thanks!

Central Library of Philadelphia
1901 Vine Street

borders/barnes and noble/any of the coffee shops in center city. You can also study at any of the local libraries. I'd check Rutgers Law Library-Camden too. I'd use to go there because its always quiet. They haven't posted their holiday hours yet.