Planning Fall 2017 Classes…HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Take Ochem1, Bio, and Zoo at the same time

• Yes

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

ucbpremedding

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I am planning to take Ochem1, Bio, and Zoo in fall 2017 as a CCC to UC transfer. Is this a crazy idea? Each of these classes are only offered once a year and I really don't want to be at my CCC an extra year. Has anyone taken these classes in one semester and any advice?

Also, this means I will be taking Calc2 in Spring 2018, meaning that there will be a semester gap in between Calc1 and Calc2 for me. Is this reasonable or an academic death sentence?

Thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

I've done that courseload basically, it's definitely manageable because orgo I (imo) is the easier of the organic sequence and the other classes aren't too bad.

Also, calc II isn't even a prereq for a lot of med schools anymore, so I highly highly doubt they would care.
Thanks! Definitely eased some worry

Reactions: 1 user
Ditch calc2 if it's not a major requirement.
Orgo 1 isn't what it is built up to be just study hard and enjoy the class.
Bio1 is pretty easy while I found bio 2 to be much more random memorization
(I say go for it, I took Orgo 1/ Bio2 with labs and worked)

Members don't see this ad :)
Know yourself. No one here knows if you can handle it or not. Orgo I in my opinion is harder than Orgo II because Orgo II is just the application of the concepts you learn in I. 3 science lab courses in a semester is doable, I just finished 4 science lab courses this spring (got a B in one unfortunately). It can be done, don't expect to be doing much else though

Reactions: 1 user
I've seen people take Orgo I, Bio, Neuro, and Calc, and make it out fine. I've also seen others who take Orgo I only and suffer. Like someone previously mentioned, only you can be the judge of that. Think about your previous course loads, how comfortable you felt, and whether or not you believe you have the work ethic/capability to do this.

Also, this means I will be taking Calc2 in Spring 2018, meaning that there will be a semester gap in between Calc1 and Calc2 for me. Is this reasonable or an academic death sentence?

Thanks in advance

Nope!