Please Comment on School List

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LostLost

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just finished adding my med schools to AMCAS and wondering if you guys can look at it and comment on it. Is there any school I am missing? My MCAT is 32 (8V, 13P, 11B, P) approximately 3.8 GPA science and non science. ESL. Not a minority. IL resident. Thanks

.Albany Medical College
..Boston University School of Medicine
Creighton University SOM
Drexel University SOM
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Georgetown
Indiana University SOM
Jefferson Medical College
Loma Linda
Loyola University Stritch
Medical Coll. of Wisconsin
New York Medical College
Northwestern Medical School
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and ...
Rush Medical College
Saint Louis University SOM
Souther Illinois SOM
Temple University SOM
University of Vermont Coll. of Medicine
Tulane University SOM
University of Chicago Pritzker
University of Illinois at Chicago
University of Kansas
University of Wisconsin
Virginia Commonwealth University SOM

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
why do you move it here? No one comes to this God forsaken thread here and comment. I am looking for insightful comments from my peer and ,..... sigh Shouldn't this be in general forum?

looks like a pretty extensive list. state schools and lotsa mid-level private schools. as long as your ec's are decent, i think you have a good shot at most of them. good luck.

why do you move it here? No one comes to this God forsaken thread here and comment. I am looking for insightful comments from my peer and ,..... sigh Shouldn't this be in general forum?

This forum was created per request from our members because the main Pre-Allopathic forum was being flooded with posts asking "what are my chances?" or "what schools should I apply to?" By using this forum as an outlet for these questions we keep the main forum free from an overabundance of these threads. This forum also allows these threads to be neatly organized and maintained, so those of us who are willing to answer these questions know exactly where to find them. The main Pre-Allopathic forum is designed for the general discussion of pre-allopathic topics as they apply to all applicants and pre-med students.

In response to your list, I think you have a solid combination of schools. I would suggest re-considering University of Vermont unless you have strong ties to the school or to the state of Vermont. It is a state school that highly favors in-state students and out-of-state students have a much lower likelihood of being accepted. I would also consider the addition of George Washington University and perhaps a couple of "reach" schools. Good luck to you this application cycle - we are applying to many of the same schools so maybe I will see you around the interview trail! :luck:

I just finished adding my med schools to AMCAS and wondering if you guys can look at it and comment on it. Is there any school I am missing? My MCAT is 32 (8V, 13P, 11B, P) approximately 3.8 GPA science and non science. ESL. Not a minority. IL resident. Thanks

.Albany Medical College
..Boston University School of Medicine
Creighton University SOM
Drexel University SOM
Eastern Virginia Medical School
Georgetown
Indiana University SOM
Jefferson Medical College
Loma Linda
Loyola University Stritch
Medical Coll. of Wisconsin
New York Medical College
Northwestern Medical School
Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine
Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and ...
Rush Medical College
Saint Louis University SOM
Souther Illinois SOM
Temple University SOM
University of Vermont Coll. of Medicine
Tulane University SOM
University of Chicago Pritzker
University of Illinois at Chicago
University of Kansas
University of Wisconsin
Virginia Commonwealth University SOM

My friend had the exact same MCAT (breakdown was exactly the same) and similar gpa... She got interviews to VCU, UIC, ETSU, Wayne State, SUNY Buffalo, Drexel, UTMB, and Penn State. Make sure you have these if you do not. But, I would say your list looks good...