please do not quote when responding!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

clarkbar

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
sic

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am not sure what your options are except to explain your situation as thoroughly as possible to your academic board/APPE director/whatever your school uses and hope for the best.

Good luck. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know what happened but it is always good to talk to a lawyer. The school has its own lawyer..why shouldn't you? Hope it works out for you and for the school.

if you improved after the midpoint, why didn't your grade improve? Show your school that you did improve.

Do any of these three points work? What about legal recourse, as a last resort?

If you didn't ask for accommodations for your disability, the school can't be held responsible after the fact if you had difficulties.

That line of argument is going to get you nowhere fast.

I think I'm in agreement with the school on this one. Don't get me wrong, I understand that some people have disabilities... but pharmacy is extremely high pace AND on the spot. For instance, I've seen students get extra time to take tests because they have some kind of disability. However, it can be extremely difficult even for me (no disabilities) to do simple math at work.

I guess let me put it this way. I work high volume (and I know that I say that a lot...) but when you have techs constantly asking you questions, phones ringing, people sitting at consultation, doctor phone lines ringing, and baskets stacking high.... a simple calculation to convert iron drops to the iron solution can be difficult. And even with the amoxicillin - some doctor's will just put how many milligrams they want to give the kid.

You have to stop, block everything out of your mind, and concentrate all just for a simple little 9th-grade algebra problem. And if you get it wrong, you can potentially cause harm to a child.

So why should you get special accommodations during your schooling or rotations? Because you're not going to get it when you step through the doors with PharmD on your white coat.

(And don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying that it takes me a while to do a simple math problem. I'm just saying that it's something that I'm super OCD about. How often do you look back on math tests and go "Oh crap, how did I screw that up???" So, even for the simplest things, it's really important to know for sure you're accurate.)

So why should you get special accommodations during your schooling or rotations? Because you're not going to get it when you step through the doors with PharmD on your white coat.

Because the ADA says so. To debate this is pointless.

This is much more of a gray area, and subject to interpretation.

The ADA does not care if the individual with a disability is, for lack of a better term, 'unemployable' following graduation. If the individual with a disability wants to pursue an education that requires reasonable accommodations, that is his/her decision; a school can't deem that someone won't find work following graduation, and because of that he/she shouldn't be admitted. However, schools aren't required to find jobs for their graduates (yet:eek:), and employers are under no obligation to hire someone who cannot perform the required functions of the job ("essential job functions").

I think I'm in agreement with the school on this one. Don't get me wrong, I understand that some people have disabilities... but pharmacy is extremely high pace AND on the spot. For instance, I've seen students get extra time to take tests because they have some kind of disability. However, it can be extremely difficult even for me (no disabilities) to do simple math at work.

I guess let me put it this way. I work high volume (and I know that I say that a lot...) but when you have techs constantly asking you questions, phones ringing, people sitting at consultation, doctor phone lines ringing, and baskets stacking high.... a simple calculation to convert iron drops to the iron solution can be difficult. And even with the amoxicillin - some doctor's will just put how many milligrams they want to give the kid.

You have to stop, block everything out of your mind, and concentrate all just for a simple little 9th-grade algebra problem. And if you get it wrong, you can potentially cause harm to a child.

(And don't misunderstand me. I'm not saying that it takes me a while to do a simple math problem. I'm just saying that it's something that I'm super OCD about. How often do you look back on math tests and go "Oh crap, how did I screw that up???" So, even for the simplest things, it's really important to know for sure you're accurate.)

I agree with this. I would not want a pharmacist with disabilities checking scripts. He or she will most likely without a doubt screw up and kill someone for sure. What's the point of that?

If you are not smart enough to do math problems quickly or finish a multiple choice exam in the time that's allowed then I highly doubt you can be a pharmacist and not kill anyone in the first month. LOL

Members don't see this ad :)
but I am still trying to get them to listen to reason.

What exactly does this mean? Why do you think they are not listening to reason?

If something was unclear, you should have asked for clarification. If you didn't know how to do something, speak up! I am not sure what the whole story is but I don't see why the school should grant you any special requests or do any of the things you listed. Why shouldn't they follow policy?

I agree with this. I would not want a pharmacist with disabilities checking scripts. He or she will most likely without a doubt screw up and kill someone for sure. What's the point of that?

If you are not smart enough to do math problems quickly or finish a multiple choice exam in the time that's allowed then I highly doubt you can be a pharmacist and not kill anyone in the first month. LOL

Seriously?

SHC - You have plenty of disabilities yourself. How about your obsession with this forum? Your constant attendance on this forum, and excessive need to respond to half of the posts on here. This is a disability which could hinder your work as a pharmacist. Your obsession with this forum will distract you from your duties as a pharmacist and you will kill someone in the first month. This disability is called an addiction.

Your "cyber diharrea of the mouth". The way that you give far too much information to strangers can also be considered a disability. You can not control your emotions or communication. This can hinder your ability to complete your job as a pharmacist.

I do not even know you in real life, and I can pick up on your seething disabilities. Give me a break...

How do you like that?

I have disabilities. In fact, I graduated from a high school for children with disabilities. I have been nothing but successful in my employment and family.

I guarantee YOU respond more to my posts than I do yours so you are the idiot!

I guess if I had nothing really to add I can always insult someone I don't know to make myself look better too. Nice try. :laugh:

You sound like one of those D and F students trying to defend how WONDERFUL it is to recieve a D and F. Good luck with that. :laugh:

I mean who cares if they can't do the job at all...as long as they have a nice personality that's all that matters right? LOL give me a break.

is it common for appe sites to fail students? at my school, it is extremely rare and unheard of.

Yes. You are totally right. How DARE anyone expect a pharmacist to be able to do their job. That is insane. You are right. Nothing should matter. Who cares if it takes someone a long time to solve a simple math problem or to answer a simple question. Who cares if they can actually do the job or not.

As long as they are "nice" and have a pulse they should recieve their PharmD and be able to work anywhere they want. :thumbup:

And this is coming from someone that isn't a pharmacy student, but just think they are b/c they got accepted. WOW. You must be amazing and know everything. :laugh::laugh::laugh: 3.8 from where? Redneck Community college? lol OMG...I can't stop laughing....OMG

Excessive dramatization, detachment from reality, and ignorance. More disabilities.

SHC - You are just downright disabled.

Why are you obsessed with responding to my posts? I thought you were perfect and that was a disability? :laugh:

Almost every thread you respond to my posts. You are the idiot with the disabilities not me.

Detach from reality? You think you are a pharmacy student when you are NOT. You are the idiot that isn't in reality. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

BMBiology can quote me on that one.

I already have job offers. I have never failed anything in my life. My family has enough money to support me if I choose not to work so yes that is always an option, but that's not a failure. I guess it is to haters like you. :laugh:

Why am I talking to a ******* that thinks he is a pharmacy student when he isn't? He also thinks it's a smart idea to take out 200K in student loans. LOL... you are a ******* and you are right I should stop talking to you. I'll choose to end it here. Feel free to continue to obsess over my posts in the future. :rolleyes:

Yes, you're right. Graduating from great colleges with great test scores/grades, being good looking, getting every single job I have ever applied for, having little student loans, and changing career paths b/c I feel like it is a very bad thing. :laugh: God, why can't we all be perfect like you Mr. Pharmacy student? LOL

Further obsessive behavior..

So, Here is the laundry list of SHC's disabilities:

Megalomania
Depersonalization disorder
Obsessive compulsive disorder
Addictive personality
Co-dependency issues
Generalized anxiety
Bigotry (might not be a disorder, but the behavior is displayed anyway)
Superiority complex
Coprolalia (displayed by excessive vulger language)

Should we give you the benefit of the doubt SHC? Or should we bar you from becoming a pharmacist?

Please don't try to play doctor. I can tell you right now you are too stupid to ever be one. You don't know anything. You're lucky your redneck community college took you in. Don't try to flatter yourself. :laugh:

Well this has been pretty productive actually....I got retail job offers so far....I will be getting ******* redneck customers regularly....this being ONE example. :laugh: Good to try to get use to it now.

If online personalities were the same as real life ones, then from all these posts, I can tell pojman is kinda annoying, I probably can't be friends with him... SHC is someone u would call when u have a bad day bc she has a bubbly personality... And sparda is just the luckiest mofo in the pharmacy profession (not really a personality)... It z will say anything to make himself look good and will sometimes make others feel like ****... Owele has a whatever attitude unless it gets too heated. Am I right or am I right?

Edit: wth... Who banned SHC?!?!?! LOL she and sparda should be immune to ANY type of ban on this forum!!!

Last edited:
Wow! Reading the last page of this thread was like watching a train wreck. You know whats going to happen but you still have to watch to make sure! The only possible outcome was SHC getting banned. When you go down the bashing on people with disabilities road you have reached the end of the line!

So, anyone watching Downton Abbey?

And what about criminal minds???? Poor Spencer!!!!!

Poor Robert. He's been such a flop this season (well last season too), but I can't help but feel sorry for him.

What fun will there be now without SHC1984? Is there a thing against people with years in their name? First SDN1977 and now SHC1984? What's become of this place?

What fun will there be now without SHC1984? Is there a thing against people with years in their name? First SDN1977 and now SHC1984? What's become of this place?

Profound observation..

lol if you are going to ban SHC, you should ban pojman too, he went on full attack mode first

I dont normally reply on this forum, but I have to say wow. Out of my many years in forum life, I never seen someone give diagnosis to other people online and attack them so viciously. I thought sdn was against practitioners diagnosing others online? Also in a side note, I think that was way too extreme to use dsm 4 on someone (never took psych classes in pharmacy school yet) so I assume it is dsm 4.